Aggro management and you
It is my understanding that the game uses a quite simple system for determining mob behaviour (that is the aggro) in that "whoever has the most us attacked". In addition, for most attack types (and healing), the ammount of aggro is directly proportional to the damage done. In addition, there are some specific aggro aquiring skills. Also, as far as I have seen, the game tend to tell you all the damage done by anyone (even poeople outside your party) in the combat dialog windows. Right? Or have I missunderstood or missed something so far?

No0w, would it then not be a very simple thing to write a mod that keep track of what damage/healing everyone has done? Add in aggro from special skills which I believe I have read guides were people have made experience trying to figure out the equivalent aggro they generate. It would then be simple to have the add on warn you when you are close in aggro to the tank. Is there any problems I am not realising to this?

I understand the problem when one fight generic monsters since I believe the game only tell you the "name" of the monster someone do damage to, not nessecarilly the specific one, but for bosses qith unique names it should be possible, no?

For normal monsters, I guess it might be hard, but can't one coordinate the damage with the information on the damage specific monsters has taken. After all, if someone did 200 damage to "a bear", and one bear at the same time dropped 200 in life, one should be able to attribute the attack to that specific bear, no? Or is such detailed information not available to the mod?

I guess there must be something making such an add on hard or impossible to do since I am not yet aware of such an addon. Or?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Aggro management and you - by Lissa - 03-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Aggro management and you - by castille - 03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Aggro management and you - by Rinnhart - 03-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Aggro management and you - by Arnath - 03-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Aggro management and you - by Skandranon - 03-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Aggro management and you - by Jarulf - 03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Aggro management and you - by Hannibal777 - 03-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Aggro management and you - by NotSoDarklord - 03-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Aggro management and you - by redinter - 03-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Aggro management and you - by Kevin - 03-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Aggro management and you - by Quark - 03-06-2006, 03:53 PM