Video Card Issues?
Roland,Feb 18 2006, 04:20 PM Wrote:Like Jim said, always UNINSTALL drivers before putting new ones in.

Also, check the cooling. Download a utility that will monitor the temperature of your GPU (nVidia should have this built into their drivers, IIRC), and check it out. What you describe could be overheating, or damage from overheating. It could also be poor drivers, or even just a defective card. Hard to say really.

Unfortunately, just about all tech support is is a process of elimination.
[right][snapback]102345[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the advice. Uninstalling and reinstalling has helped, although it's still not perfect. It looks like my card is slowly dying, but at the very least I've managed to squeaze a little more time out of the deal. Now I just have to see if that lasts long enough to convince me to upgrade my entire system or just the card. I'll just keep my eyes open and look for a really good deal.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

Messages In This Thread
Video Card Issues? - by gekko - 02-18-2006, 03:02 AM
Video Card Issues? - by Jim - 02-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Video Card Issues? - by Roland - 02-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Video Card Issues? - by gekko - 02-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Video Card Issues? - by NiteFox - 02-19-2006, 02:27 PM