If Bill Murray Sees his Five O Clock Shadow
That movie ruined one of the greatest parties ever.

Ground Hog Day at Goblers Nob used to one of the best parties anywhere. Several thousand college and highschool kids would drive up on(locals walked) that hill in the country one day each year.

On one side of the road the police kept it sort of clean and a DJ played music starting at about 2:30 in the morning. But still lots of beer in Moutain Dew bottles and lots of girls getting up on their boyfriends shoulders then flashing the crowd.

On the other side of the road everyone built fires, drank a huge amount of alcohol and no small amount of pot was smoked. The cops didnt even venture over there.

When it was all done a big line of locals and college kids who had come in on buses started walking down to town for breakfast but many of them hitched rides down in the back of pick-up trucks.

It was a blast.

After the movie with its quaint image of the day came out, Punxy decided to clean up the party. I suppose any tourist who had seen the movie would have been a bit shocked at the actual event.
Now you can only get up the hill on school buses. The fun side of the road is posted and there is almost no beer to be found.

I guess its nice now, but I miss the party, even though Im to old to party anymore.

Messages In This Thread
If Bill Murray Sees his Five O Clock Shadow - by Guest - 02-01-2006, 10:20 PM
If Bill Murray Sees his Five O Clock Shadow - by Guest - 02-01-2006, 11:06 PM