Guards, Civilians, and Why Outdoor PvP Sucks
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 31 2006, 09:05 AM Wrote:A good -realistic- reward for taking a city should be you loot the city! The other side has shops and quest reward items, you should be able to loot these when you sack the town. Make the quest items a 1 time loot so it's not farmed but this would be a great modivation for items that just arent avalible to the opposite faction.

That's another good idea. My favorite quest ever in the beta was the Helcular's Revenge series in Hillsbrad. It's a four-part quest series that for its level takes a long time to complete. But, man, what a reward when it was finished! You'd bring Helcular's scepter to Helcular's grave in Southshore and he along with several dozen skeletons would pop up and if you dragged them into town, they would completely ravage the entire town. It was the most fun and hillarious thing I ever saw. Even from the Alliance side, I thought it was fun in the same way that Sitches always was -- as a fun distraction from the usual grind. There was a cooldown time on Helcular's grave (you could turn in the quest any time, but the event would only trigger if it hadn't been triggered for a while) and the event was always a one-time event for any given Horde player. Sadly, nonetheless, the event was nerfed to oblivion. It was changed so that only a handful of weak skeletons would pop, and because so many high level guards were added to Southshore due to the TM-Hillsbrad zergs, they can't even get close to the town. In fact, one lone Southshore guard can kill Helcular and all his minions -- a sad ending after all that work to complete those quests.

So, anyway, yes, I like the idea of having quests that involve raiding or pillaging a few select towns (double emphasis on the word "select") that are added and designed for that purpose.

Messages In This Thread
Guards, Civilians, and Why Outdoor PvP Sucks - by MongoJerry - 01-31-2006, 09:12 PM