HOW to make a clan / guild? (BNet)
Hello all,

So, topic title. I looked everywhere on BNet with the /help command, and also checked all of Jarulf's guide, and also checked all of Diablo's manual, and even googled this around without success, but:

How do we create a clan / guild in Diablo 1, in Battle.Net?

(Also, oddly, it seems the /whisper command doesn't work anymore, after all those years? Even when whispering to myself, or to a person from my BNet's friend list.)

Just curious to know if anyone has any info on it.
So, literally no one knows anything about this...?
I don't think clans are a thing in Diablo 1.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Back in the day they certainly were, but now, not so much :-)

The D1 populace is far too small for that sort of thing.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
I still play on Bnet . closest thing to a clan I could think of would be a skype chat group.
(12-30-2017, 08:20 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Back in the day they certainly were, but now, not so much :-)

I think he meant a integrated clan system like in many other newer games. There are not nor were there any /clan or /guild commands. In Diablo, there was previously the ability to create a channel and be the owner of that channel. This gave the owner the ability to ban people or kick them. If everyone left the channel someone else could steal it, if I recall correctly.
(01-02-2018, 05:06 PM)GhastMaster Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 08:20 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Back in the day they certainly were, but now, not so much :-)

I think he meant a integrated clan system like in many other newer games. There are nor were there any /clan or /guild commands. In Diablo, there was previously the ability to create a channel and be the owner of that channel. This gave the owner the ability to ban people or kick them. If everyone left the channel someone else could steal it, if I recall correctly.

Oh, I see. I remember these features briefly. I think the channel owner could also delegate someone else as the owner if they had to leave, though I can't remember for certain.

@Krist, dunno about Skype, but there is a D1 community on Discord:

https://discord.gg/NeAwSEP

Discord is much better than Skype honestly. Way better interface, easier to use, and it uses less system resources/cpu. Me and some friends occasionally co-op and duel while voice chatting, and Discord doesn't seem to create any strange lag or issues that we can see.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(01-02-2018, 05:06 PM)GhastMaster Wrote: I think he meant a integrated clan system like in many other newer games. There are not nor were there any /clan or /guild commands. In Diablo, there was previously the ability to create a channel and be the owner of that channel. This gave the owner the ability to ban people or kick them. If everyone left the channel someone else could steal it, if I recall correctly.
Indeed, that is what I meant. But you are mistaken about there not being guild-related commands in the past. In fact, if you fully explore all the commands in Diablo Battle.Net with the help command today, and keep poking around, you will see there were some guild-related commands (and others that are non-guild-related). If you try using them, they seem to be disabled, with the game telling you you can't do that or something similar.

This is why I started this thread:
- To know if I missed something in my search (which is perfectly possible: perhaps the "disabled" commands I saw just were added to Battle.Net later, and/or perhaps they never were meant to be used with Diablo? Though IIRC there was Guild Chat, but my memory could just be wrong);
- To see if further light could be shed on this in any case.

And yeah, there were ways to use channels in ways like that. Again, browsing through commands with the help command seems to reveal much about how all of that used to work.

Regardlessly, everyone's comments are very much appreciated! Thanks for the input.
The chat requires a registration.

I check here every so often, anyone that wants can just PM me for a game and I will try to make time for them .
(10-14-2017, 02:15 AM)Red Hairdo Wrote: Hello all,

So, topic title. I looked everywhere on BNet with the /help command, and also checked all of Jarulf's guide, and also checked all of Diablo's manual, and even googled this around without success, but:

How do we create a clan / guild in Diablo 1, in Battle.Net?

(Also, oddly, it seems the /whisper command doesn't work anymore, after all those years? Even when whispering to myself, or to a person from my BNet's friend list.)

Just curious to know if anyone has any info on it.

Channels prefixed with "CLAN" (EG: Clan PwR) are exclusive to WarCraft III clients ONLY!
Diablo clients are heavily restricted to the channels they are allowed to join / create.

"Diablo XXX" is the closest thing to a 'customized' or 'clan' channel you can do.
Diablo USA-1 used to be the default join channel. Now that it is no longer open: You are directed to "The Void" (a special channel where chat is not displayed).

Yes. Diablo client's ability to send private messages (whisper, msg, message, etc) has been disabled.

You can still use /join to change your current channel (I tend to go to Open Tech Support since DU-1 and sex are no longer populated).
Quote:Diablo USA-1 used to be the default join channel.

Only for people in the USA. Wink
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
LennyLen

Thekillervortex

Are you wanting to play a game?
(01-29-2018, 07:52 AM)Sir Krist Wrote: LennyLen

Thekillervortex

Are you wanting to play a game?

I normally log on USEast.

What's your account name? Smile I've been reverse engineering Diablo for fun.
I think the account name is rybonka currently.

PM me your skype name and we'll play a game sometime.

I have a feeling that I know you already though )
(01-29-2018, 02:26 PM)Sir Krist Wrote: I think the account name is rybonka currently.

PM me your skype name and we'll play a game sometime.

I have a feeling that I know you already though )

My Skype name was DeceptivelyInane, but it seems Microsoft deleted my account?
I recommend Discord over Skype.

https://discordapp.com/invite/NeAwSEP

You can also find people here to make arrangements to play: http://www.tristr.am