Belzebub Demo
Yesterday was the launch of the demo of Belzebub, the start of the next era of Diablo.

Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but this demo is awesome. It only contains the first four levels and the original 3 characters which is reminiscent of the Spawn version, except this is fully featured.

So much has changed and I don't want to ruin it all for you. Here's some Youtube videos and the link to download!

Download: http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/download.htm

Mirror: http://khanduras.net/2014/01/repo-belzebub-demo/

Source: http://diablo1.pl/index.php?function=show_all&no=609

Info:

Quote:Diabo 1 Mod HD

Project Codename: Beelzebub

Beelzebub, the code name for the project modifications, which will grow probably the best mod for Diablo 1 . The project is in the phase of Closed Beta. Below is a short video, showing some of the game's features.

Some features fashion:

Enhanced resolution
Improved Interface
Improved gameplay
4 character classes: Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Barbarian, while in the foreground there are two classes: the Assassin and Necromancer
New tasks
New locations
New Monsters
New spells and abilities
New items
204 unique items
28 sets and 105 items zestawowych
170 crafting recipes
Installation

To install a fashion, simply extract the archive into the game Diablo 1 Mod requires the installed library openAL, which is located in the archive of the modem. The game run a file called Belzebub.exe. Remember that mod requires a mounted plate with the game Diablo 1 in the CD / DVD.

Presumptive requirements

Processor: 1.0 GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 RAM, with support for OpenGL 2.0
Free disk space: 10 MB
Sound: OpenAL library required
(01-17-2014, 09:08 AM)qualakon Wrote: Yesterday was the launch of the demo of Belzebub, the start of the next era of Diablo.

Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but this demo is awesome. It only contains the first four levels and the original 3 characters which is reminiscent of the Spawn version, except this is fully featured.

So much has changed and I don't want to ruin it all for you. Here's some Youtube videos and the link to download!

Widescreen looks impressive. Curious to see how the Warrior and other melee classes\build plays out in this mod\demo.

Is the creator speaking\writing in polish? Their english is likely better then my polish, so a lot of the info is kinda hard to decipher for me.

Looks very cool though, have you played it yet?
I just played the demo.

This thing f'ing rocks my socks.
tried to make this run, i just couldnt. The explanation provided was not enough for my set of computing skills. Could someone explain ? thanks in advance.
(02-06-2014, 07:24 PM)duner Wrote: tried to make this run, i just couldnt. The explanation provided was not enough for my set of computing skills. Could someone explain ? thanks in advance.

Unzip it to a folder.
Copy DIABDAT.MPQ from your Diablo 1 folder/CD into the Belzebub folder.
Run Belzebub.exe

Profit!
I rescind my first statement re: this project.
On what ground Big Daddy?
The coder's stance against open source software invalidates any achievement he may have made with the project.

In my opinion.

Many hands make light work.

Closed projects tend to die off or become vaporware
It's a viscous cycle. At least The Dark's creators were very open about their findings, but look at it now.. Out of commission.

The Hell will do the same, but worse. There's enough copies online that you'll be able to play it for a very long time, but I asked Mordor to show and tell me his secrets and he didn't have a problem with it if there was cash involved, over $500 in total. Quite a price to pay for a community that doesn't care about this kind of crap. Who cares if we play new Diablo games or not, am I right?

I think what the mod makers have done with Belzebub is admirable, but I'll have to echo your thoughts on their stances of open-source software. Especially because of his original statement saying that he would.

Edit: I have found the link where he itemizes each tweak I ask for. He must be a very important man. http://khanduras.net/forums/diablo-the-h...g-the-hell