Diablo Alpha Demo...
Never mind where to put the saves, I found it out myself.

But your saves doesn't seem to work with the exe version...
I have nearly unlimited space on my website, but not unlimited bandwidth, which I can use to host the MPQ alpha for a few who are interested and can put it in a more accessible spot. I can also FTP it to anyone who has a server.

Doom Serpents did the same thing as guardian, which is just summon a giant eye that looks back and forth firing at monsters.

I've got the original US release of Warcraft 2 somewhere around the house, haven't played it in years, but it did have a VERY primitive Diablo trailer on it (completely different than the final version and even the alpha demo version). There was also a preview system with about 3-4 other Blizzard games that never made it to release. One of them looks like it was eventually made into StarCraft, but too many revisions to really tell for sure.

This CD is from 1994-1995 (I think before Windows 95 came out =) ).

Selby
Selby:
Maybe I can send the MPQ to you if enough people are interested. Or do you have the non-exe version yourself?

Yes Doom Serpents is similar to Guardian except that it only fires one shot instead of three...so it's pretty crappy and looks weird ;)

That's the WarII CD I'm talking about. I've also got this little trailer video (quite funny) and some screenshots off of it. I don't own the CD and a friend sent me the files so I don't know if there's anything else Diablo related on it.

Phredreeke:
Hmm....I also have problems using the savegames. They worked a couple of years ago....
Well I've uploaded a small patch for your own savegames:
http://www.mysteryscomix.de/other/diahacks.zip
There is also a dungeon resetter for the pre-release demo included.

http://www.mysteryscomix.de/other/hack.exe
This is the original patch used to set the "pre-release-demo" to "v1.0" thus enabling the Wizard and the whole church. I don't know if this works with the EXE version!
I have the MPQ version here. I didn't realize there was an .exe version until today =)

Anyone interested should just send me an email\PM if you want to get it. I can provide the link (but don't go sharing it and run up my bandwidth ;-) ). Or if someone wants to set up an FTP site where it can be uploaded, that can work too =)

Selby