The Lurker Lounge Forums
OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? (/thread-9972.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - TheDragoon - 12-15-2003

I don't really go for something that necessarily means anything but rather something that I either feel sounds like my character or describes something that would be similar to how I imagine their outlook on life would be. I've had characters as follow:

SeleniaSkybreak - Bowazon - I just like this name since she was a lightning fury Amazon and yet the name flows off of your tongue. I hate names that *sound* bad. :)

Zhakaro - Werebear - I think that this name just sounds very primal and would be something that someone that can turn into a bear might just call himself.

Zharka - Werewolf - Similar to Zhakaro in that it sounds very feralistic to me. I guess I just like the whole "Zh-" sound for wild characters. :)

CelesStarlight - Charged Boltress - I felt this name sounded pretty as the visual effect for charged bolt is when you start spamming it at slvl 30+. I also thought the "Starlight" part sounded like a good description for what a bolt of lightning might look like as it came toward you.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. :lol:

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Guest - 12-15-2003

Loyal_Servant

A Paladin which switched between Meditation and Salvation (made my Oak Sage quintipple immune!). Was the reason I started a Cleric.

Sapphireena

I'm not sure I spelled that right, and it's from another game. She was a green candy coloured pixie, and had a shop that sold jewelries (and it was amazingly decorated).

That's all. You don't really look at names in this kind of game. :unsure:

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - ZatarRufus - 12-16-2003

I've named a character Nugis_Armatus.

I don't actually know Latin but took this from a phrase dictionary. It listed it as meaning: armed with trifles.

Next I looked up nugae in a regular Latin dictionary. I've assumed this is the root word of nugis. Nugae is listed as meaning: jokes, jests, idle speaches, trifles, trumpery, nonsense.

As a name, would Nugis_Armatus be appropriate for a character who uses only Wirt's leg as a weapon?

-----
Edit: phrase not phase

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Occhidiangela - 12-16-2003

Quote: -- CH
(Which would be scarier? That Occhi might be thinking like me? Or that I might be thinking like Occhi?)

The answer is Yes! :D

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Nastie_Bowie - 12-16-2003

Nastie_Bowie, PvM bowazon. It is hard to level past 85.

Nastie_Sorcie, my first sorc. coldghtning.

Awwsum_Bowjob, my 1.10 bowazon.

BarbaraJeanne, bowazon named in honor of my "lovely" ex-wife.

My creative juices lean to the strange side, I know.

NB

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Brimstone - 12-17-2003

DeeBye,Oct 30 2003, 09:48 PM Wrote:I managed to grab "WootLeetSkills" on the Ladder Realm.
*snort*
:lol:
*sprays soda on keyboard*

Aww, see what you made me do?

Back ON topic, for once, ( ;) ) most of my current characters are named using the "variation of Brimstone" rule, such as Brimstormy, my newest HC druid. I do have a Miss_Gatling_Too, a remake of Miss_Gatling, my first cookie-cutter strafeazon. And since I'm going into the way-back machine, my first barb in D2C was named PoppaPump, after the more chemically-enhanced Steiner brother from the now-defunct WCW.

EDIT: Oh, how could I forget my 1st HC char EVER, my assa named DedGrlWalkin? She'd slap me, if she wasn't so busy turning in her grave(s)...

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Dan Solo - 12-17-2003

Another one here that's overly proud of his own names :)

Joan_ofSpark, my HC charged boltress

Dan_Quixote, the paladin

Genghis_dan, a barbarian

Party_ghoul, a necro, obviously.

GoodnessGracious, who carried a personalized great maul of fire.

Pluck_yew, a bowazon, was my favorite name, though I never had the gumption to bring her to basin games, where I normally play

Some others I managed to snag after the last round of acct deletions:
Shania_twang
MeAndMyShadow
Sancho_Panzer (crying to be made into a defiant)
Shock_AndAwe
Yogi_daBear
ScoobyDoobyDoo
La_FemmeNikita (really suprised I got this one)
Calamity_Jane

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Az3ar - 12-17-2003

Killer-K, a PKK Warrior character of mine from D1 at first but then when I moved to D2 I tried to use the same name, but it was taken.

Shivana-Rudra, a SinglePlayer Sorceress that I made, and finally Harbringer, a good name for a Barbarian.

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - moget? - 12-17-2003

Hi,

Quote:GoodnessGracious, who carried a personalized great maul of fire.

Ha! I can't help but be amused by this one :D

As for some of my own all time favorites...

Mrs_Manoog - my first barbarian - in honor of my (beastly) 9th grade math teacher
Ahhh_ItBurns - fire sorc
BeatUWithAWand, my first necro
BrocEatMeat - my excellent frenzy barb
ILoveAnthrax - a most excellent poison nova necro (around the time of the anthrax scare)
CaffeineSponge - a psycho werewolf
Ensnared - my trap assasin
SingingMexican - my own warcry only barb

A hilarious name I saw a few weeks back for a warcry barb: ButIWantToSing :lol:

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Raziel - 12-19-2003

Some of my personal faves:

ICUndeadPeople - necro, guess the build
IGotSharpStix - jabazon
CraniumTapdance - 1.10 kicker
Trapah - (I can't believe they let this name through, wtf)
Shadoui - (see above)
HeyWheresMyStaff - melee enchantress
YourFaceMyAxe - 1.09 frenzy barb

That's all I can recall offhand..

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Llevar - 12-19-2003

Blu Angel - Sorc
Punanana - Sorc
Hrrmmmmmmgah - Barb
Rustaffar - Barb (Was built to use a rune staff)
Phucket - Barb
HeltahSkeltah - Necro
MarquisDeSad - Necro
ChicaPow - Assa
Drugie - Druid
Burrita - Zon
Insubordinate - Pally

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - TaMeOlta - 12-19-2003

ElektraKuteYa <--my SC CB sorc
SyrrOsisOfLivva <-- nearly all my SC + HC Pallies are of the Livva clan , thought the HC ones sem to have shorter careers (I know O'cchi mentioned this name , been running Osis'es since my D and D days :P )
EyesKream <-- my HC Ladder Necro
EyeSkreamALot <-- my SC Ladder Necro
SinneMatik <-- my HC Ladder Trap/Sin

Others I may have deleted or retired (will add later when I check my list at home ;) ): FleaBittnFury , BoneAppaTeeth (skelli/ Bonespear/teeth HCL) ,

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - godfeast - 12-19-2003

lol, great minds and all...

I have a lvl 87 hammerdin called mc_hammertyme ( gotta love the 80's).

I also have micheal_jakzon coming in at lvl 5 in hc ladder ... for some reason i just cant see him going far...

then theres, a druid werebear called robin-williams ( not original but considering all the body hair involved),
a necro called formerly_prince ( wouldve like formerly known, but ran out of letters), and the recently departed whatwhome (name taken not 3 minutes after i erased him and tried to remake, sigh).

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - MrMauve - 12-29-2003

This thread is worth it for "I CE Dead People" alone 8^)

I confess to being fairly proud of "Professor Pilum", my spear-chucker. I also like my friend's cookie-cutter Sorceress, "Ionia Ras".

In other news, "Hello, first post here for years, apologies for minor forum necromancy in bumping this 2/3 of a page..."

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Obi2Kenobi - 12-29-2003

I made a classic char called Of_MonteCristo. I want to get him to Count. :)

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - gimlisam - 01-02-2004

I have one more that I was reminded of in reading the names taken from mythology. My first ever character (single player) was a barbarian known as Achilles. Ironically, he had a 'heel' as it were: OK's and their damn Iron Maiden curse. I must've died 4 times before I figured out that it was the curse that was killing me.

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Obi2Kenobi - 01-06-2004

I just registered a new char after playing the game "Balderdash" (fun game) named "Spraints". 5 points to anyone who can tell me what it means. :)

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - DeeBye - 01-06-2004

[Image: LLPaladin.jpg]

I got this name two days ago on USWest Ladder SC.

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Kyrene - 01-08-2004

Rhydderch Hael,Nov 4 2003, 11:36 PM Wrote:Maxmillian Graves, or any derivation thereof, also tends to work. Makes-a-million graves.
Funny you should mention one of the Graves boys. I managed his nephews Digger and Robber on Europe for a while until I grew bored with Necromancers.

Others are Beowulf_Baerzun the werewolf son of a bear, Cole_Steel the sword using barbarian hoping for a Coldsteel Eye and Nita_FrostSpear, the FA/LF using amazon she-wolf.

OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen? - Banzai - 01-09-2004

I had a Zeal Paladin (may he rest in peace) named Parkinson after the disease that causes uncontrollable muscle movement...

Banzai!