The Lurker Lounge Forums
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 (/thread-8832.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - Zingydex - 10-26-2004

So, is the new "Leaf lite" runeword compatible with the regular game, or just the mod?

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 10-26-2004

Zingydex,Oct 26 2004, 04:37 PM Wrote:So, is the new "Leaf lite" runeword compatible with the regular game, or just the mod?
[right][snapback]58249[/snapback][/right]
Just with the MOD. The item with it will be deleted if you load your char into the original game.

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 10-30-2004

The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got an update regarding Set Item Drops:

- The complete "COW KING'S LEATHERS" Set is now dropped by the "Cow King" in "Normal" difficulty!

NOTES:

The "COW KING'S LEATHERS" set can only be dropped by the Hell Bovines (Cows) in the "Secret Cow Level". It can not be created with the Horadric Cube (using the "CubeMOD"). To provide faster access to these popular set items however, the "Cow King" superunique boss in the "Normal" difficulty of the game now drops the *full* set (helm, armor, boots) if you kill him. The "Cow King" in the "Nightmare" and "Hell" difficulty still drops as usual, so if you want the full set quicker, just kill the "Cow King" in "Normal" difficulty.

The updated MOD can be downloaded as always here:

1.10 LoD Classic Style MOD
Update Date: October 30, 2004

Have Fun! :D

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - Edge101 - 11-10-2004

This sounds like a great mod, but im having trouble getting it to work on my Mac

I dont understand what to do with my, Diablo II Patch (Carbon), file.
I cant rename it and i cannot remove it from the folder.

I put the patch.mpq file inside the folder (didnt work)
I named it Diablo II Patch (Carbon).mpq (didnt work)

But i cant get nething to work because I cant find away to get replace to original patch file.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :angry: :(

Oh yes and i forget to mention

The mod is a WC3 file, im not sure what kind of differnece that makes but its just some information i wanted to throw out there

Stupid Macs and there crazy imcompatability :huh:

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 11-10-2004

Edge101,Nov 10 2004, 02:23 AM Wrote:Oh yes and i forget to mention

The mod is a WC3 file, im not sure what kind of differnece that makes but its just some information i wanted to throw out there

Stupid Macs and there crazy imcompatability :huh:
[right][snapback]59816[/snapback][/right]

Check out the first page of this thread. Here's the quote from "FoxBat":
Quote:Go into your D2 directory, backup the file "Diablo II Patch" if you are using OS9, or "Diablo II Patch (Carbon)" for OSX. Then drop the nobbie's MPQ from the zip file into your d2 dir, rename it to the name of the file you just backed up, and you should be good to go. Same way you play almost any mod on mac.
I don't have a Mac, but that should do the trick :)

So I should just name the .mpq file, Diablo II Patch (Carbon), just like the file i backed up.
Cuz i think ive tried that and it just ran normal Diablo
TY for the quote though Nobbie, ill try it out

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - Fumark - 11-12-2004

Edge101,Nov 10 2004, 02:35 PM Wrote:So I should just name the .mpq file, Diablo II Patch (Carbon), just like the file i backed up.
Cuz i think ive tried that and it just ran normal Diablo
TY for the quote though Nobbie, ill try it out
[right][snapback]59907[/snapback][/right]

Yes.

I remember having the same problem. You are in OSX right? If I remember, I had to turn on "always show file extensions" in the Finder Preferences. The file had come through as a Warcraft III file and I think it added an extension that was unnecessary. I will look into it later tomorrow if possible and get back to you.

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - Fumark - 11-12-2004

OK...got it for you in a nutshell.

1. Find the Diablo II Patch (Carbon) file.
2. Copy the name and paste it onto the Patch_D2-D2X110_CSM.mpq file to rename it.
3. Move it into the Diablo II Files folder (after backing up the original carbon file.)
4. Get Info (command-i) on the new file. In the window that appears, go to the Open with arrow and flip it down.
5. Use the drop down list to pick Other...
6. In the Choose Other Application window switch Recommended Applications to All Applications; then navigate to the Diablo II (Carbon) application in the Diablo II Files folder and select it , check Always Open With, then choose Add. You may get a message about how it doesn't know if Diablo 2 will open Warcraft III files...just say OK.

You should be good to go.

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - AtomicKitKat - 11-21-2004

Is there any chance I could just edit the cube recipes/drop tables to include the new 1.10 ladder things? Curse my luck for being in Asia where 99% of the players seem to look for an easy way out, and double curse for forgetting my account password(Not that my characters would be playable anyway, all expired sometime in August).

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 11-21-2004

The new 1.10 Ladder things are already included in the Mod ...

If you want to use the CubeMOD for an own Mod, that's no problem. The Mod cube recipes are in the Cubemain.txt table, the new realm-only runewords are in Runes.txt, and the revised item drops are controlled via the TreasureClassEx.txt table. You need to extraxt these three tables and their respective *.BIN files from the Mod's MPQ file and add them to the original 1.10 patch MPQ.

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 11-21-2004

The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got an update regarding Rune Drops:

- All higher Runes (AMN and better) now appear with Golden Letters (like unique items) on the ground and the inventory

NOTES:

This change is active only in the Roman language versions of the game, not in the Asian versions

The updated MOD can be downloaded as always here:

Update Date: November 18, 2004

----------------------------

Quote:More "Diablo II" Stuff:

The Little "Magic Find" Guide for Diablo II "LoD" 1.10

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - w0qj - 12-03-2004

nobbie,Nov 21 2004, 11:58 PM Wrote:The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got an update regarding Rune Drops:

- All higher Runes (AMN and better) now appear with Golden Letters (like unique items) on the ground and the inventory
[right][snapback]60701[/snapback][/right]

Hi nobbie,

Many thanks for all your hard work and making this fun MOD available to us all!

i'm still playing with your 3-June-04 version with the 4 new "undocumented" Rune Words, and better Rune Drops.

since then, however, it seems that your MOD's Item Drops (especially Runes) has been going in the same basic direction as Blizzard-- it gets harder to get Runes.

in fact, your 21-Nov-04 MOD even made "Amn" runes and up "Gold" colour--which to me tells volumes about how rare even Amn rune is (let alone the many Runes above Amn!).

Hope you will consider this: if you make your MOD too hard (especially Runes), why don't we just switch back to regular LOD v1.10 to play as Single Player?

anyways, many thanks for your great work, and still enjoying your 3-June-04 MOD version!

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 12-03-2004

Hi w0qj,

first of all, the new rune color in the latest Mod update has nothing to do with their rarity ;) An AMN rune, which is now the first rune that gets the golden "unique" color, still drops fairly often (depending on the game difficulty you're playing in). It's just that all runes up to THUL can not be considered as very "valuable", and therefore AMN (featuring 7% life leech) is the first rune that now drops with golden letters.

You're right that the rune drops have been lowered, but high runes still drop frequently. This fine-tuning had to be done because the game would otherwise be too easy. Consider that the Mod - with removed Immunities for normal mobs in Hell difficulty - is generally much better to play in single-player than the original 1.10 game, regardless of the equipment quality, and that the quality of all other item drops (rare, set, unique) and gambling chances have been improved significantly as well. Gambling rare items is actually still a bit too good, because the affix quality has been generally improved, but I'll leave it as it is to avoid a negative effect on the rare item drops from monsters. Act bosses always have their "master drop" now, the Travincal Council or the five Baal Minion packs in the Throne Room, for example, drop very well again, and ten additional superunique boss monsters have been added too, so that your overall chances are very good. If you are especially after higher runes up to LO, then try Countess runs (in Act 1). In Normal difficulty, the Countess has a very good chance to drop up to IO, in Nightmare up to UM, and in Hell up to LO. The Hellforge Quest, whose rune drops are unfortunately hardcoded in the game, pales in comparison ;) Countess runs are very easy in single-player, because the automap through the 5 Tower levels always remains the same until you switch the game difficulty. Also, good runes drop in all acts of the game, so you should try other acts if you think your drops in one act start to decrease. I've just recently played a Meteorb HC Sorceress from scratch in the latest version of my Mod, and she now uses a "Heart of the Oak" Flail after a bunch of Hell Countess runs. Uber-items that use a CHAM or ZOD rune still require a high time investment, but believe me, that investment is much, much lower than in the original game ;)

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - Bob the Beholder - 12-04-2004

Hey, Nobbie. I've got a suggestion you might consider.

For some reason, I've alwasy like the skill Jab. It's cool.

But, of course, the problem since they took out the part where it ignores weapon speed is that any spear damaging enough to give up a shield for is so painfully slow that it's almost unusable.

Now, when the change happened, I was a bit unhappy. Until I heard the rationalization that it was just a way to make sure the people using the skill didn't just put one point in it, like old school Jabazons sometimes did. Then, I went from being unhappy, to my head hitting the desk repeatedly, because that's dumb.

Problem: Speed. Higher skill level: Does not affect speed.

But I agree that with the new elite items and all, completely ignoring weapon speed is just too much. Maybe Jab could increase attack spead by a certain amount per skill level? It would make people use up all of their skill points in it, as intended, but the end result would be a Jab that's fast enough to bother with outside of major variant territory.

Personally, I have no idea how much the attack speed should increase, but I'm not so crazily obsessive that I can quote how much IAS an amazon would need to attack at a certain pace, down to frames per attack and all that.

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 12-05-2004

Hi Bob,

nice idea, but I don't plan to change anything skill-related in the Mod to ensure 100% compatibility to the original 1.10 patch.

However, you may want to teach yourself some modding basics and implement the skill change in the Mod yourself. All tools, tutorials and support forums can be found here at "The Phrozen Keep" :)

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - w0qj - 12-06-2004

nobbie,Dec 5 2004, 11:27 PM Wrote:Hi Bob,

nice idea, but I don't plan to change anything skill-related in the Mod to ensure 100% compatibility to the original 1.10 patch.

However, you may want to teach yourself some modding basics and implement the skill change in the Mod yourself. All tools, tutorials and support forums can be found here at "The Phrozen Keep" :)
[right][snapback]61985[/snapback][/right]

noobie,

did you consider to post your MOD to The Phrozen Keep?

it's such a GREAT MOD for us legit SP players, i'm sure this will become a Classic!
(pun intended).

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - Bob the Beholder - 12-06-2004

w0qj,Dec 6 2004, 05:40 AM Wrote:nobbie,

did you consider to post your MOD to The Phrozen Keep?

it's such a GREAT MOD for us legit SP players, i'm sure this will become a Classic!
(pun intended).
[right][snapback]62016[/snapback][/right]

*shifty eyes*

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 12-06-2004

w0qj,Dec 6 2004, 05:40 AM Wrote:did you consider to post your MOD to The Phrozen Keep?

(pun intended).
[right][snapback]62016[/snapback][/right]
Not yet, but I might suggest it to the Phrozen Keep admins next year :)

Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - nobbie - 12-14-2004

[Image: D2X_110_RW_Faith.jpg]

The "LoD Classic Style MOD" has got an update regarding Rune Words:

- All 23 new Realm/Ladder-Only Rune Words have been added to the Mod!

The updated Mod can be downloaded as always here:

Update Date: December 14, 2004

Example items using all the new rune words can be found on the fully equipped, ready-to-use level 99 characters that are included in the "\V_110\Chars\" folder in the ZIP-archive.

Those of you, who also want to try out the realm rune words in the harder to play original 1.10 patch, can now find the required updated RUNES.TXT game table in the "\V_110\Extra" folder in the ZIP-archive. This table must be copied into your "\Diablo II\data\global\excel\" folder (create the folder, if it doesn't exist yet), and the game then be executed with the "-direct -txt" command line options (using the original 1.10 patch MPQ file).

The stats of the new realm rune words can be found here on the "Arreat Summit".

At the time of this posting, the stats of the rune words "Brand" and "Pride" were not yet listed on the "Arreat Summit". These rune words are currently implemented based on user postings, and will be updated with their official stats/ranges as soon as possible.

PS: Don't forget to use the "/players 8" game option while testing these insane "uber" goodies courtesy of Santa ;)