The Lurker Lounge Forums
Question about Sockets - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Question about Sockets (/thread-8280.html)

Question about Sockets - Yeoman - 07-04-2004

Hi,
I have a question concerning Magic/Rare items. Is it possible for a magic or rare item to drop with sockets without the prefixes mechanic's or jeweller's? For instance, a Colossus Blade can technically have up to 6 sockets. Is it possible for a Cruel Colossus Blade of Quickness to drop with 6 sockets? Thanks in advance for any help or advice given.

-Yeoman

Question about Sockets - adeyke - 07-04-2004

No. Magic items can only initially have sockets from the Jeweler's/Artisan's/Mechanic's prefixes. Rare items can only initially have sockets from the Mechanic's prefix.

Question about Sockets - Yeoman - 07-05-2004

Thanks very much for the help adeyke. Man, if a CCBQ could have 6 sockets, it could be socketed with 6 Ohm runes! That would be (assuming the stats of the CCBQ are perfect) +600% enhanced dmg!!! Talk about godly :o

Question about Sockets - Caaroid - 07-05-2004

There is a reason they can't spawn like that :P

Question about Sockets - Obi2Kenobi - 07-06-2004

Magic Items also have a cap of 2 (or is it 3? I can't remember which...) sockets when you don't have the prefixes (when socketed via Larzuk), rares have a cap of 1.

Question about Sockets - Oomph-aak - 07-06-2004

Also be aware that you cannot make a runeword with an item that that has sockets from an affix such as mechanics, jewelers or artisans affixes. Also Uniques that have sockets built in cannot be enhanced with a runeword. You will get the rune bonuses but not the runeWORD bonuses.

Oomph-aak

Question about Sockets - Yeoman - 07-06-2004

thanks for all the info guys, yeah don't worry Oomph-aak, I learned that the hard way :blink:

Question about Sockets - Minionman - 07-06-2004

It's 2,with a chance of only being 1.

Question about Sockets - Bob - 07-07-2004

had you burnt through vast quantities of chippies back in 1.09 you could have made one with 3 sockets, but no runewords (funny, 'iint? we all want 1.10 and when we get it we get annoyed because out favourite cube recipies are taken away).

I want to know why Blizz thinks it necessary to stop me socketing a cruel collossus blade of quickness with silence.

-Bob

Question about Sockets - Rinnhart - 07-07-2004

Quote:I want to know why Blizz thinks it necessary to stop me socketing a cruel collossus blade of quickness with silence.

Sentences that make the devs go "aaaaaaagggghh"

Question about Sockets - Yeoman - 07-07-2004

Bob,Jul 6 2004, 08:10 PM Wrote:had you burnt through vast quantities of chippies back in 1.09 you could have made one with 3 sockets, but no runewords (funny, 'iint? we all want 1.10 and when we get it we get annoyed because out favourite cube recipies are taken away).

I want to know why Blizz thinks it necessary to stop me socketing a cruel collossus blade of quickness with silence.

-Bob
I'm guessing it's because if you were a Barb, think of the damage you'd do with maxed Berserk. You'd be able to kill Hell Baal in about 6 swings!!! :o

Question about Sockets - rappidfire - 07-10-2004

wutsup, i dont know about that, but i do know that if you want something to be filled with as many socets as possible, put in a cube, the item, and soj, and a scroll of town portal, transfuse, and your item will have full socets

Question about Sockets - adeyke - 07-10-2004

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny (and failing), trying to fool people (and failing), talking about a mod, or clueless.

Question about Sockets - gekko - 07-10-2004

My personal guess is option (d), but I'd also wager heavily on all of the above.

gekko