The Lurker Lounge Forums
Massive queues today - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Massive queues today (/thread-7180.html)

Massive queues today - MongoJerry - 01-18-2005

It took me an hour and a half to get in to the Tichonderous server today, and reports on the Blizzard forums are that this is happening all over. I don't know yet if this is simply due to massive holiday traffic to the servers or something related to the server problems introduced during the latest server maintenance. The Blizzard community reps say that they are trying to contact the appropriate people who would know what the situation is to get information but that they don't have any information to give out at the moment.

Massive queues today - Artega - 01-18-2005

You'd think Tichondrius and Stormrage would be some of the most stable servers, since they were launch servers.

I love our low-population Bloodscalp - the AH is always slim pickings, but we've never gone down without it being planned :)

Massive queues today - Quark - 01-18-2005

Artega,Jan 18 2005, 09:58 AM Wrote:You'd think Tichondrius and Stormrage would be some of the most stable servers, since they were launch servers.

I love our low-population Bloodscalp - the AH is always slim pickings, but we've never gone down without it being planned :)
[right][snapback]65743[/snapback][/right]

Stormrage has been fine over the past week, it's all the servers that recieved the "extended maintainance" that are having problems. But they're exactly not among the most stable servers because they were there upon release. Together they are #14 and #15 on the number of players per server according to wowcensus, which isn't exact, but close enough for this. That's out of 88 servers listed.

Massive queues today - Treesh - 01-18-2005

Quark,Jan 18 2005, 10:48 AM Wrote:Stormrage has been fine over the past week, it's all the servers that recieved the "extended maintainance" that are having problems.  But they're exactly not among the most stable servers because they were there upon release.  Together they are #14 and #15 on the number of players per server according to wowcensus, which isn't exact, but close enough for this.  That's out of 88 servers listed.
[right][snapback]65761[/snapback][/right]
Terenas received the extended maintenance (which surprised me because except for the first few days after release, it's been absolutely stable) and I didn't have any kind of trouble on it at all this weekend so it's not all of the extended maintenance servers.

Massive queues today - MongoJerry - 01-18-2005

Tichondrius has generally been very good -- certainly less laggy than Stormrage on the times I've dabbled on that server. It's only since the extended maintenance that things have gotten wiggy.

Massive queues today - LochnarITB - 01-18-2005

Last night, when I logged on, I was presented with a queue of 762. I waited, of course, being the addict that I am. When I finally got a character list, I realized I wasn't on the server I expected. I usually play on Stormrage but had moved to Tichondrius, the night before, when Stormrage bombed. I played on Tichondrius until it also bombed and then gave up for the night. It was Tichondrius that I had waited to get to and when I switched realms to my usual, I got in immediately. :blink: