The Lurker Lounge Forums
PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! (/thread-6178.html)

Pages: 1 2

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - nobbie - 06-23-2005

Too bad that I can't stand PvP and Blizzard's defintion of "honor" in WOW, nor do I have the excessive amount of time you need to get these. 'Nuff said:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/rewards-weapons.html
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/rewards-mounts.html
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/rewards-armor.html

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - TaiDaishar - 06-23-2005

Hmmm... I guess I should clean all this drool now.

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Garrin - 06-23-2005

I'll be goin uber pvp once i get 60...till then just every now and then. I think i might take a break from the lvl grind and camp XR or hit up Warsong. We shall see. I want my Private rank, and anything else they decide to give me ^_-;

-Garrin

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Brista - 06-23-2005

These items are also by far the hardest to get and hang on to

You have to be ahead of everyone else in your faction on kills and the item becomes unequippable if someone over takes you

So basically they are only for level 60s who spend 12+ hours a day farming cps and even some of them won't get them

I love pvp but these are just as far from me as they are from anyone who hates it

Also because there will only be a tiny handful of people at that rank it doesn't really impact the game very much (unless the notion that there's someone out there with better stuff than you bothers you)

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Metrocube - 06-23-2005

Yeah. You get better gear from MC drops anyway.

For a hunter, the only PVP item worth getting is the polearm from the Korrak raid quest, and the trinket that lets you escape stuns.

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Phrozen Heart - 06-28-2005

Sorry to bug you people but on a similar subject, I was wondering if anyone had actually seen inside the PvP officers' Hall? (either side)

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Artega - 06-28-2005

I think I'm missing the point here.

Are you complaining that people can get these kinds of items through PvP, or that such items exist to begin with?

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Skandranon - 06-28-2005

Phrozen Heart,Jun 28 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:Sorry to bug you people but on a similar subject, I was wondering if anyone had actually seen inside the PvP officers' Hall? (either side)
[right][snapback]81873[/snapback][/right]

Alliance one is just a big room full of vendors, along with some no-dialogue decoration NPCs (including an Archmage Gaiman, ha ha).

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Phrozen Heart - 06-28-2005

Cool, thanks. Wouldn't happen to have a screenie would you? :)

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Drasca - 06-28-2005

I think its a simple drool because I can't get it under these conditions.

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Skandranon - 06-28-2005

Phrozen Heart,Jun 28 2005, 12:30 PM Wrote:Cool, thanks. Wouldn't happen to have a screenie would you? :)
[right][snapback]81887[/snapback][/right]

When the servers come up, I'll get you one.

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Skandranon - 06-29-2005

Phrozen Heart,Jun 28 2005, 12:30 PM Wrote:Cool, thanks. Wouldn't happen to have a screenie would you? :)
[right][snapback]81887[/snapback][/right]

As promised. Here's the first level of the Alliance Champions' Hall:

[Image: hall11zg.jpg]

There's a set of stairs to the left of that shot that goes up to the small second floor:

[Image: hall25hj.jpg]

And that's it.

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Phrozen Heart - 06-29-2005

Thanks a lot :) Just saw a list of their names on Allakhazam earlier so I'm guessing from their names, the two dwarves upstairs are probably Sergeant Major Clate and Captain Dirgehammer ;)

Sorry for partially hijacking the topic :o

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Thawwing Light - 06-30-2005

Skandranon,Jun 28 2005, 01:27 PM Wrote:...(including an Archmage Gaiman, ha ha).
[right][snapback]81886[/snapback][/right]

Really? That's pretty cute. Love the Blizzard humor.

Is the hall instanced, or is it just empty of people of rank as of yet?

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Skandranon - 06-30-2005

Thawwing Light,Jun 29 2005, 11:51 PM Wrote:Is the hall instanced, or is it just empty of people of rank as of yet?
[right][snapback]82054[/snapback][/right]

Just empty. I waited for an empty moment to get a shot. There really isn't a whole lot of reason to hang around in the Champions' Hall longer than it takes to buy a few things.

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Metrocube - 06-30-2005

I wish champion's hall had a foot massage vendor.

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Phrozen Heart - 06-30-2005

So who's who anyway? I see the NPC list here but that doesn't help a whole lot. This is more excessive curiosity than anything as I'm guessing they don't let a lot of orcs in the Champion's Hall :P

Phrozen Heart,Jun 30 2005, 02:11 PM Wrote:So who's who anyway? I see the NPC list here but that doesn't help a whole lot. This is more excessive curiosity than anything as I'm guessing they don't let a lot of orcs in the Champion's Hall :P
[right][snapback]82087[/snapback][/right]

The gnome on the left of the first shot is Master Sergeant Biggins. Around the table in the distance are, from left to right, Lieutenant Rachel Vaccar, Archmage Gaiman, and Sergeant Major Skyshadow. The one I had selected in the first shot, with the green blurry text hovering above her, is Lieutenant Karter, and standing next to her is Captain O'Neal. Out of the shot frame, directly to the right of the entrance, is Lieutenant Jackspring. Guard Hammon and Guard Quine stand right at the doors to the Hall, and are likewise not in the shot.

In the second shot, the one on the left is Captain Dirgehammer, and the one on the right is Sergeant Major Clate.

Of these, only Biggins, Jackspring, Karter, O'Neal, Dirgehammer, and Clate sell things. Everyone else is no-dialogue decoration. There are no other NPCs besides the ones I've listed; the Allakhazam list, like many autogenerated lists, contains lots of bad data.

PvP: Your Way to Uber-ness! - Phrozen Heart - 06-30-2005

Cool, thanks :) So are the guards just your average stormwind efforts or do they get a special shield and/or tabbard like the royal ones?

Phrozen Heart,Jun 30 2005, 05:01 PM Wrote:Cool, thanks :) So are the guards just your average stormwind efforts or do they get a special shield and/or tabbard like the royal ones?
[right][snapback]82109[/snapback][/right]

They look just like the stealth-detecting Officers on the streets of Stormwind.