The Lurker Lounge Forums
Further 1.10 Changes - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Further 1.10 Changes (/thread-4782.html)

Pages: 1 2

Further 1.10 Changes - MongoJerry - 02-26-2006

Here are some other 1.10 hints and tidbits that are definitely coming. They come from someone who is a friend of someone who works at Blizzard. I know that something like this tends to make eyeballs roll, including mine, but I'm going to swear by my own reputation that the person I'm getting these tidbits from has been 100% reliable in the past -- including most recently previews on priest talents that I withheld just in case they were wrong but turned out to be dead on. In addition, this information is several days to a week old, so some of this stuff may have been leaked already, so if you have more specifics, go ahead and post them here.

Here are some tidbits:

Rogues:
  • Blinding Powder no longer dodgeable and parryable.<>
    [st]
    Warriors:
    • Intimidating Shout only effects on 5 targets max at same time<>
    • Sweeping strike nerfed <>
    • All flurry effect nerfed<>
    • Recklessness nerfed hard...<>
      [st]
      I'm sorry that I don't have specifics for you. Some of the guys were talking about specifics on teamspeak and the general consensus was that the skills that got really nerfed were ones that were only situationally used anyway. The change to intimidating shout will affect some raid encounters a lot, though.

Shamans:
      • Enhancement shaman nerfed. (But he doesn't have details, so you'll have to wait).<>
        [st]
        Hunters:
        • Fixed hunter attack power formula to a 2.8 speed calculation for skill based attacks (aimed shot and multishot), similar to the way warrior and rogue attack power formulas were changed in the last patch.<>
        • New boar with level 6 charge added to EPL.<>
          [st]
          Mages:
          • Mages can learn ports from quests to five different innkeepers. So, it sounds like mages will be the ones porting raids to Silithus.<>
          • No more double trinketing! See item changes below.<>
            [st]
            Druids:
            • Decreased mana cost of all levels of Healing Touch by 9%<>
            • Battle rez is instant cast skill now<>
            • MOTW's range will be increased.<>
              [st]
              Warlock
              • Reduced mana cost of Curse of Weakness and Curse of Recklessness<>
                [st]
                Item Notes
                • No more double trinketing, although the exact mechanism is hazy. The direct comment is that "Only 1 trinket can use same time. only can use one when another effect done." However, there were also comments that there might simply be a 20 second global cooldown on trinkets. Either way, it's a significant hit to AP+double trinket mages. Now, they have to two shot people instead of one shot them.<>
                  [st]
                  Obviously, there will be more changes than these.

Further 1.10 Changes - Sword_of_Doom - 02-26-2006

These were apparently translated from the Taiwanese WoW site.

Warrior:

http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_...0&GoPage=1&lis=

1. Execute - Execute will work with Sweeping Strikes again. If the target of the Sweeping strikes proc has less than 20% health then they will take full execute damage. If they are above 20% they will take a normal swing of your weapon in damage.

2. Whirlwind - When used with Sweeping Strikes, it will only hit one extra person (on top of the 4 from whirlwind) This will only use up a single Sweeping Strikes Charge.

3. Flurry - Fixed a bug where all ranks of this talent were not properly being triggered.

4. Retaliation - Fixed a bug where this skill was not functioning correctly as a melee attack.

5. Intimidating Shout - When it is resisted by the main target, it will no longer apply its fear. The fear is now limited to 5 targets.

6. Flurry - The speed improvement from Flurry will only be applicable for the next 3 swings.

7. Sweeping strikes - The damage from the extra attacks generated by Sweeping Strikes will now take into consideration the armor of the target being hit with the extra attack rather than the armor of the person you are swinging at. (Ie: No more swinging at mages to do massive damage to plate wearers)

Rogue
http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_...6&GoPage=1&lis=

Translation:

1. Slice and Dice: If you attempt to use this skill when your target is dead, you will get an error message. This skill cannot be dodged, parried or missed.

2. Sap: When sap is resisted, Lightning Shield will not break stealth.

3. Remorseless Attacks: This talent will not trigger when you kill a monster that does not yield experience, or a player that does not yield honor points.

4. Distract: this skill will no longer trigger Lightning Shield from Shamans.

5. Blade Flurry: The damages of the extra attacks will now be determined by the armor rating of the secondary target.

6. Blind: Blind is no longer considered a melee attack, and cannot be parried or dodged.

Hunter
http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_...3&GoPage=1&lis=

1. Multishot - The attack power of this skill has been normalized. All ranged weapons will now use 2.8 as the standard multiplier. Weapons that are slower than 2.8 will see their damages reduced slightly, and weapons that are faster than 2.8 will see their damages increased slightly.

2. Aimed shot - (Same as above)

3. Improved Aspect of the Hawk - the duration has been increased from 8 seconds to 12 seconds. The speed improvement will not start until the second shot has landed. This was changed to fix a delay problem in the talent.

4. Hunter's Mark - (this is where I couldn't really understand what it said...something about the caster will not be listed under the mob's "threat list", and something about a debuff...)

5. Claw and Bite - pets using these skills will now gain appropriate amounts of threat depending on the rank of the skill. Previously, only rank 7 and 8 were causing the right amount of threat.

6. Beastial Wrath - will not generate any threat for the caster.

7. There will be new wild boars showing up in EPL with Rank 6 Charge.

Shaman
http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_...9&GoPage=1&lis=

1. Lightning shield - Environmental Damaging effects (campfires) will no longer eat charges of Lightning shield.

2. Grounding Totem - this totem will no longer absorb the following effects: Frostguard, Hammer of Titans, Annihilator, The Chief's Enforcer, The Judge's Gavel, Blacklade of Shahram, and Bonereaver's Edge.

3. Flurry - the speed bonus will only exist for the next 3 attacks.

4. Healing Wave - mana cost reduced by 9%.

5. Shamans will now be able to use equipped items in ghostwolf form.

Priest

http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_...7&GoPage=1&lis=

My translation with others feedback. (updated up to Moirain's post on page 2)

=-=-=-=-=1.10 Priest Change posted on WoW Taiwan offical forum=-=-=-=-=
Translation by Drenden, Kallistae, Jediah, and Moirain, and a druid (hehehe).

1. Free Respec.

2. Decrease cost on all training skills.

3. Prayer of Fortitude has an increased range and area effect.

4. Holy Fire is now a non-talent trainable skill. First obtainable at level 20.

5. Mind Soothe is now an instant spell.

6. Shadowform: reduce physical and ranged damage. See talent trees for more info.

7. Feedback (Human): See Eyonix's post for details. When using Feedback, the human priest will surround himself with anti-magical energy. Any successful spell cast against the priest will burn mana from the attacker and deal Shadow damage.

8. Elune's Grace (Night Elf): The ranged damage reduction from Elune's Grace will be increased, both its duration and mana cost will decrease, and the spell will also increases the priest's chance to dodge. This spell now has a cooldown.

9. Shadow Guard (troll): will become an instant cast ability. The tooltip will also be updated to reflect that damage caused by the spell causes no threat. Such is already the case, however, is not currently documented.

10. Inner Fire: (see Eyonix's post) Inner Fire will provide more armor than before. The duration will also be increased to 10 minutes but now the effect will be removed when the caster endures twenty successful damaging melee or ranged hits. mana cost is increased.

(11-14, see Eyonix's post)
11. Desperate Prayer (Human and Dwarf): Reduce cooldown time.

12. Touch of Weakness (Forsaken): will become a 10 minute self buff which is triggered when the caster become struck by a melee attack. The effect will otherwise remain the same. mana cost greatly reduced.

13. Hex of Weakness (Troll): will apply a -20% healing modifier in addition to its normal effect. The healing debuff does not stack with the warrior's Mortal Strike ability, although the damage penalty will stack with either Touch or Curse of Weakness. mana cost greatly reduced

14. Star Shard (Night Elf): Starshards has been redesigned to work similar to Curse of Agony, dealing lower initial damage which increases as the duration continues. The mana cost will drop substantially for all ranks, approximately 30%. and the spell damage will be increased aproximately 17%. All ranks of this spell will have a 6 second channeling duration.
15. Lesser Heal: mana cost reduced by ~9%.

16. Heal - Rank 2, 3, and 4 reduce casting time to 3 seconds and more (see notes by Moirain and Jediah).

17. Greater Heal: reduce casting time to 3 seconds. (see notes by Moirain and Jediah)

=-=-=-special note by Jediah=-=-=-=
#16 and 17 both include a part about them being reduced in mana cost by 10%, and also, since the cast time has been reduced, they won't benefit with +healing or +dmg/healing gear as before.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-special note by Moirain=-=-=-=
the translation about "heal" seem to be saying about mana/heal efficiancy increase and also that Greater heal, since cast time is lower than 3.5 seconds , no longer receives the entire +healing effect from gear. :(
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

18. Vampiric Embrace: traget resisted the damage will not have healing effect. (nothing new)

19. Power Word: Shield: "now getting 10% of dmg/heal gear." (Thanks to Kallistae)

20. Holy Nova: increase mana cost and no cooldown time.

Mage

http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_...1&GoPage=1&lis=

Im guessing...

1. Frost Ward will now automatically be used when it becomes refreshed if already activated.
2. Fire Ward will now automatically be used when it becomes refreshed if already activated.
3. Detect Magic had a problem where it increased the aggro levels of mages. It has been reduced to not cause so much hate anymore.
4. Ignite now only stacks with criticals from the original mage. It does not stack together with other mage's Ignite criticals.
5. Increased the range of Arcane Brilliance.

Paladin:

http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_...2&GoPage=1&lis=

1. Blessing of Light - different ranks are no longer stackable - the ability for this to stack was not intended.

2. Judgment of Righteousness - Accuracy Increased (note: i want to say 100%, but i am not quite sure how it works)

3. Righteous Fury - Wil now cause appropriate extra threat with all holy damage.

4. Holy Shock - Can now be used with Divine Favor and Illumination.

5. Holy Shield - Mana cost reduced by 15%, and +spell items will now affect this spell.

6. Eye for an Eye - Can be triggered while mounted.

7. Blessing of Sacrifice - This blessing can no longer be used to save the target from dying due to other spell effects. (eg. You can no longer Blessing of Sacrafice a Warlocks Pet and have him use 'Demonic Sacrafice' to have both Master Demonologist and Demonic Sacrafice buffs enabled at the same time)

8. Seal of Command - Can now properly trigger when the paladin is silenced.

9. Improved Seal of Righteousness - Tooltip updated to reflect actual usage. This talent increases 3-15% damage for both seal of righteousness and judgment of righteousness

10. Lay on hands - range increased.

11. Divine Intervention - range increased.

12. Holy Shield - tooltip updated to reflect extra damage done.

13. All improved blessings have their ranges increased.

14. Holy Shock - mana cost reduced.

15. Monsters that are immune to scorpid sting will now be immune to vindication as well.

Warlocks:

1. Curse of Agony - No longer interrupts spell casting.

2. Soul Fire - Returns a soul shard to the warlock if a target that yeilds experience or honor dies within 5 seconds of the cast.

3. Rain of Fire - Now correctly triggers Pyroclasm.

4. Master Demonologist - Is now applied when a minion is banished or not under the warlock's control.

5. Curse of Doom - Can no longer be cast on targets who are Mind Controlled.

6. Shadowburn - No longer returns a shard if resisted or from targets that do not yield experience or honor.

7. Curse of Weakness - Mana cost reduced.

8. Curse of Recklessness - Mana cost reduced.

9. Mobs that are immune to Fear effects are now also immune to Death Coil. (Note: This does not say 'Players are able to break the effect of Death Coil with Fear Breaking Effects.' It says that mobs (NPCs) that are not fearable, will no longer be affected by Death Coil)

10. Suffering (Voidwalker) has an increased radius. The tooltip has been updated. New warlock talent calculators will be on the site soon.

Druid:
http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_forums_...8&GoPage=1&lis=

1. Healing Touch Mana cost reduced by 9%.

2. Ferocious Bite: cannot be parried, dodged, or resisted?

3. No cure poison in Moonkin.

4. Gift of the Wild - Now has an increased range

5. Rip - now a bleed effect.

6. Druids in shape-forms can now use any Equipped item

7. Soothe animal and Rebirth are now affected by Nature's swiftness.

8. You can no longer die from shifting out of bear at low health (MoTW bug).

9. Pounce no longer causes its DoT if missed or blocked.

10. No idea.

11. Players will no longer be immune to snares for 1 second when performing a shapeshift.

Further 1.10 Changes - MongoJerry - 02-26-2006

Ah, excellent. Those were the posts I was looking for, since I'd heard some stuff had been translated from the Chinese last night. (As I noted, the information I had was given several days to a week earlier). Thanks for posting this.

Further 1.10 Changes - Zarathustra - 02-27-2006

I'm curious how they're going to change the dual-trinket usage. The one I'd think of is to make the two considered the same "type" of buff, so one would say "a more powerful effect is already in place" when you go to use the second. I don't like the idea of putting them on a global cooldown, as it's been very nice to be able to use my ZHC and instantly cast a spell.

Either way, guess it's a good thing I haven't managed to pick up a Talisman of Ephemeral Power. Neltharion's Tear, here I come.

Further 1.10 Changes - Drasca - 02-27-2006

Sword_of_Doom,Feb 26 2006, 06:40 PM Wrote:5. Curse of Doom - Can no longer be cast on targets who are Mind Controlled.
[right][snapback]103037[/snapback][/right]

This is the most disappointing. CoD on a MC'ed ally was a nuisance at worst, absolutely hilarious at best, and negated completely with competent druids/mages around.

The rest are generally fair balance changes, bug fixes and improvements, although some are of questionable value.

Further 1.10 Changes - Rinnhart - 02-27-2006

MongoJerry,Feb 26 2006, 03:12 PM Wrote:Intimidating Shout only effects on 5 targets max at same time

Paradigm shift - HOOO!

Further 1.10 Changes - Ruvanal - 02-27-2006

Zarathustra,Feb 27 2006, 03:43 AM Wrote:I'm curious how they're going to change the dual-trinket usage.&nbsp; The one I'd think of is to make the two considered the same "type" of buff, so one would say "a more powerful effect is already in place" when you go to use the second.&nbsp; I don't like the idea of putting them on a global cooldown, as it's been very nice to be able to use my ZHC and instantly cast a spell.

Either way, guess it's a good thing I haven't managed to pick up a Talisman of Ephemeral Power.&nbsp; Neltharion's Tear, here I come.
[right][snapback]103048[/snapback][/right]

I would imagine that they are going to use the same internal code that they use on some of the engineering items/trinkets or alchemy potions. Where when you use one of them (i.e. Mechanical Dragon) it starts a cooldown on activating any other engineering item that shares a common group code. All they really would need to do to implement this is go through the trinkets like ToEP and such and assign them to use a common group code class so that they block the activation of a second trinket of that class for period of time.

Further 1.10 Changes - Bob the Beholder - 02-27-2006

Bah, I finally get a ToEP, and am next in line for a ZHC, and they have to go and nerf it. :( Ah, well. I guess I'll have to stick with one-shotting poorly geared enemies, instead of well geared enemies.

On that note, I resisted the Arcane Power for a very long time. But I have finally respecced to AP/Frost. It is hilarious in battlegrounds--someone annoys you one too many times, you turn around, frost nova, counterspell, hit the AP-macro and the Pom-frostbolt macro, and BOOM that guy doesn't want to play with you anymore.

Further 1.10 Changes - Darian - 02-27-2006

MongoJerry,Feb 26 2006, 07:12 PM Wrote:The change to intimidating shout will affect some raid encounters a lot, though.

It's going to change PvP far more than it changes raid encounters; how often does a warrior fear-bomb more than five mobs in a raid? (The only place I can even think of where I ever drop a fear bomb is the General event in AQ20, but I admittedly haven't done very much in ZG. Perhaps Razorgore, but Razorgore is more than doable without fearbombing.)

Further 1.10 Changes - Professor Frink - 02-27-2006

Zarathustra,Feb 26 2006, 11:43 PM Wrote:I'm curious how they're going to change the dual-trinket usage.  The one I'd think of is to make the two considered the same "type" of buff, so one would say "a more powerful effect is already in place" when you go to use the second.  I don't like the idea of putting them on a global cooldown, as it's been very nice to be able to use my ZHC and instantly cast a spell.

Either way, guess it's a good thing I haven't managed to pick up a Talisman of Ephemeral Power.  Neltharion's Tear, here I come.
[right][snapback]103048[/snapback][/right]

From thottbot, it looks like neither item currently has a cross-item cooldown at all, so I would guess they would add "shared cooldown item (15 sec) ZHC" to the ToEP and "shared cooldown item (20 sec) ToEP" to the ZHC, similiar to how lots of trinkets apply a 3 or 5 min cooldown to lots of other trinkets. Or 1.5min/2 min if they wanted to be mean and completely break using both trinkets as opposed to just preventing crazy stacks. Hopefully they'll leave both spell effects as no global cooldown since that'd damage even the single trinket case.

-- frink

edit: what runaval said. somehow i didn't see his post reading through the first time.

Further 1.10 Changes - Lissa - 02-27-2006

Darian,Feb 27 2006, 08:29 AM Wrote:It's going to change PvP far more than it changes raid encounters; how often does a warrior fear-bomb more than five mobs in a raid?&nbsp; (The only place I can even think of where I ever drop a fear bomb is the General event in AQ20, but I admittedly haven't done very much in ZG.&nbsp; Perhaps Razorgore, but Razorgore is more than doable without fearbombing.)
[right][snapback]103076[/snapback][/right]

I can think of one situation in raiding where this will be a big help...when the tank get's MCed as MCed tanks tend to let loose with IS as one of their first things.

Further 1.10 Changes - Artega - 02-27-2006

I don't get the bits about Flurry; my Shammy only gets three swings before Flurry dies.

As for the Warrior changes, it's a bunch of crap. Our fear is on a three minute timer - if you're going to nerf it that hard, at least lower the cooldown to compensate. Additionally, I don't see a reason for a Recklessness nerf; it's available once every 30 minutes, and places two other abilities on the same thirty minute cooldown, too.

Sweeping Strikes nerfs were necessary - 5k hits on plate wearers was insane.

Further 1.10 Changes - Concillian - 02-27-2006

Sword_of_Doom,Feb 26 2006, 03:40 PM Wrote:Priest

5. Mind Soothe is now an instant spell.

LoL... ummm... make up your mind!

It's an instant
no, it needs a cast time, so we changed it
actually, we think it should be instant, so we changed it back. It's now working as intended... until we change our mind again.

Further 1.10 Changes - Concillian - 02-27-2006

Rinnhart,Feb 27 2006, 12:54 AM Wrote:Paradigm shift - HOOO!
[right][snapback]103054[/snapback][/right]

No kidding. That's incentive enough to get my warrior's last 10k or so of AV rep before 1.10 kicks in.

Further 1.10 Changes - Quark - 02-27-2006

Ruvanal,Feb 27 2006, 05:27 AM Wrote:I would imagine that they are going to use the same internal code that they use on some of the engineering items/trinkets or alchemy potions.&nbsp; Where when you use one of them (i.e. Mechanical Dragon) it starts a cooldown on activating any other engineering item that shares a common group code.&nbsp; All they really would need to do to implement this is go through the trinkets like ToEP and such and assign them to use a common group code class so that they block the activation of a second trinket of that class for period of time.
[right][snapback]103057[/snapback][/right]

It won't be exactly the same though. Currently, anything that has a global cooldown shares that cooldown for the entire period. Use a Greater Fire Protection Potion? Same cooldown for both another GFPP and a Major Heal.

That would kill many of these trinkets, and basically say "vendor anything but the best one you have".

So I'm guessing it'll have two cooldowns -> one global, similar to potions, that is short, and one item-specific, like the current trinkets, that is longer.

Further 1.10 Changes - MongoJerry - 02-28-2006

Darian,Feb 27 2006, 08:29 AM Wrote:It's going to change PvP far more than it changes raid encounters; how often does a warrior fear-bomb more than five mobs in a raid?  (The only place I can even think of where I ever drop a fear bomb is the General event in AQ20, but I admittedly haven't done very much in ZG.  Perhaps Razorgore, but Razorgore is more than doable without fearbombing.

The encounter that many people have experience with that stuck out in my mind was the Razorgore fight. In the early going, we often had warrior fear rotations to keep the mobs busy as we were popping the last four or so eggs. This was when there were more mobs popping than now, so at that time the room would be full of mobs and people would often die in those closing moments and the fear rotations of dozens of mobs really helped. It's not needed so much anymore.

Anyway, there are several new encounters that could use it -- where there are tons of mobs spawning and yet the real goal is to burn down the boss before time runs out. Having warrior fear rotations made this much easier. I can see why they changed it to stop this.

Further 1.10 Changes - Professor Frink - 02-28-2006

Quark,Feb 27 2006, 12:39 PM Wrote:It won't be exactly the same though.&nbsp; Currently, anything that has a global cooldown shares that cooldown for the entire period.&nbsp; Use a Greater Fire Protection Potion?&nbsp; Same cooldown for both another GFPP and a Major Heal.

That would kill many of these trinkets, and basically say "vendor anything but the best one you have".

So I'm guessing it'll have two cooldowns -> one global, similar to potions, that is short, and one item-specific, like the current trinkets, that is longer.
[right][snapback]103105[/snapback][/right]

My understanding of the cooldown system is that every item/spell has (up to) three cooldowns:

1) the global cooldown, how long after you use the item before you can do anything (like cast another spell). Some spells and items like the ToEP and ZHC don't have this so you can cast another spell immediately (and even macro one after the other in the same macro) Some silence-like effects also do this (and some do debuffs that prevent spellcasting)

2) The cooldown listed on the item/spell, which effects only that thing

3) shared cooldowns, which consist of a duration (possibly the same as the item's cooldown, possibly not) and a list of things the cooldown shares to. none of these items will be usable until after the shared cooldown either.

So for example the Tidal charm has a 15 minute cooldown, but a 3 minute shared cooldown with a few other items (moslty other stunners) including the rocket helmet. so if you use the tidal you can't use the tidal charm for the next 15 mins or the rocket helm for the next 3 mins. If i recall correctly, these cooldowns run simultaneously, so if you use the rocket helm (20 min cooldown), wait 10 minutes, and use the tidal charm, the rocket helm will still have a 10 minute cooldown on it. If you waited 18 minutes before using the tidal, the cooldown would move from 2 minutes left to 3 minutes left.

The combat potions all have a 2 minute cooldown and apply a 2 minute shared cooldown to each other, but that's just because they're in the game's tables to do such a thing, the system is a lot more flexible than that.

At least according to thottbot, the shared cooldown can even apply a longer cooldown than using the other item would; the arena grandmaster is listed as applying a 5 minute cooldown to the 3 minute AB trinkets. I haven't tested this in-game, can anyone who has a grandmaster and a defiler's/arathor talisman confirm?

-- frink

Further 1.10 Changes - Xanthix - 02-28-2006

Professor Frink,Feb 27 2006, 11:20 PM Wrote:At least according to thottbot, the shared cooldown can even apply a longer cooldown than using the other item would; the arena grandmaster is listed as applying a 5 minute cooldown to the 3 minute AB trinkets.&nbsp; I haven't tested this in-game, can anyone who has a grandmaster and a defiler's/arathor talisman confirm?
[right][snapback]103128[/snapback][/right]

I don't have those trinkets but I can confirm the general effect. Bandages have no cooldown other than the global one, but if you use an anti-venom it has a 1-minute cooldown. Furthermore, using an anti-venom puts all your bandages on the same 1-minute cooldown.

Also, a minor nit. I think there are at least 4 types of cooldown, since there are at least two "global" cooldowns. There is the one triggered by spells that blocks other spells, and the one that does the same for items. I think there are seperate cooldowns for sub-groups of items as well, such as all food, all consumable potions/scrolls, etc. However for most purposes all these can just be called the "global cooldown."

Now if you really want to open up a can of worms, ask if the "global cooldown" is 1.0 seconds or 1.5 seconds in the WoW forums. :)

Further 1.10 Changes - Scalefang - 02-28-2006

MongoJerry,Feb 26 2006, 06:12 PM Wrote:Hunters:

• <>
  • Fixed hunter attack power formula to a 2.8 speed calculation for skill based attacks (aimed shot and multishot), similar to the way warrior and rogue attack power formulas were changed in the last patch.

<>
  • New boar with level 6 charge added to EPL.

<>
    [st]

I'm happy about this. I know some hunters have bitched and complained, and for the ones with epic 3.3 bows I can understand. But right now I am using a rare 1.6 bow from RFK and it's not worth using aimed shot with it, as with the three seconds I loose casting it, I don't get comparable damage.

And I can't say how happy I am about the boar though, I never thought I'd be liking the boar so much, but I do. Problem I'm facing is the number of stable slots. I have a SFK Worg and a Rotting Ag'amar from RFK, and I'd like to try out a Carrion Bird and a Gorilla, but my problem is that if I like them too...then I don't have any spare slots to pick up pet skills. Never had played a hunter to such a high lvl before, but so many pets to try so few stable slots..but that is neither here nor there.

Oh well, I'm excited.

Further 1.10 Changes - lemekim - 02-28-2006

Looking over original post by Mongo, I notice that these 2 tidbits are not mentioned in the notes:
Quote:Warriors:

Recklessness nerfed hard...

Shamans:

Enhancement shaman nerfed. (But he doesn't have details, so you'll have to wait).
Now, for shamans it probably only concerns the Flurry changes, although that's how Flurry supposedly works now... (would have to see results on test server probably) Is that the nerf? We don't even know what the change will do yet, so perhaps there is another nerf as well?

As for Recklessness nerf, there is nothing about it in the notes (would be silly I think to nerf it since it has 30 min cooldown, has a drawback and is shared with 2 other abilities...).

So... Are the translated notes missing some things? One would think so given that mages are also supposedly getting new teleport spells that are not mentioned in the translated notes. Or did Mongo's friend misinterpret something?