The Lurker Lounge Forums
List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 (/thread-4699.html)

Pages: 1 2

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Concillian - 03-11-2006

This was recently posted on the warrior forum. I am not 100% sure of it's accuracy, but thought it might be of interest to people here:

It's not broken down by quest, so this is for all of the quests in total.

Quote:1x delicate arcanite converter

4x greater eternal essences

1x flask of supreme power

3x dark iron bar

4x cured rugged hide

8x large brilliant shard

20x enchanted leather

10x stonescale oil

36x goblin rocket fuel*

3x mooncloth

4x dark rune

*depending on your skill, you might do the job with less rocket fuels. 36 should be the absolute maximum you need, unless you're a complete moron.

I'm kicking myself that I haven't been more rigorous with my salt shaker usage. Been good with using transmutes, but I only have 6 cured rugged hides, and I could probably have 30+ by now if I actually tried.

Cured Rugged hides and Mooncloth are probably the biggest server-wide hurdles, with 12 days total of cooldowns on each per person

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Xame - 03-13-2006

The biggest problem with the mooncloth is the felcloth.
2x felcloth + 4days = 1 mooncloth

Everytime I go farming for felcloth I'm fighting 5-10 people for the kills. Felcloth has only a 3% drop rate. So its 60-80 kills for a single piece of mooncloth. Factor in the kill tagging issues of so many people hunting the exact same mobs in a zone and it feels like it takes forever (I'm starting to wonder if blacksmithing is easier :P )

This is only going to become a bigger problem as people who really didn't care about the mooncloth tailored items now have a big need to also get felcloth. Felcloth was already a farmer's market w/ heavy camping on the mobs, now it will become truely insane. Also there is a note that the mats of a mooncloth bag (16 slots) will now only require a single piece of mooncloth, further increasing demand (the current 1.9 version of the bag requires so much mooncloth that it is just outragous and doesn't effect the mooncloth market or the 16 slot bag market).

Is mooncloth's timer going to be the limiter to the tier 0.5 epics? Most likely not, since most tailors won't be farming felcloth (what a pain) and will have timers availible for a small fee if you farm the felcloth yourself.

BTW. On Terenas I have two tailors, so every 4 days I'm out killing to get the 4 pieces of felcloth (120-160 kills ......... I'm sooooo bored and tired of it). The drop rate is better in DM-east but I would need to find a group that wants to go there and give me all of the felcloth that drops.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Ynir - 03-13-2006

Thanks for this post.

How much raw cash is needed, do you estimate?

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Ynir - 03-13-2006

Xame,Mar 13 2006, 08:56 PM Wrote:The biggest problem with the mooncloth is the felcloth.
2x felcloth + 4days = 1 mooncloth

Everytime I go farming for felcloth I'm fighting 5-10 people for the kills.  Felcloth has only a 3% drop rate.  So its 60-80 kills for a single piece of mooncloth.  Factor in the kill tagging issues of so many people hunting the exact same mobs in a zone and it feels like it takes forever  (I'm starting to wonder if blacksmithing is easier  :P )
[right][snapback]104402[/snapback][/right]

The Jadenar demons in Felwood are camped 24/7. The only exception I know is offhours in Shadow Hold. Spangles kills everything in the cave, sweeping back and forth, until she has a few Felcloth.

This is not efficient, but she cannot compete in the carnage outside.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Concillian - 03-13-2006

Ynir,Mar 13 2006, 12:59 PM Wrote:Thanks for this post.

How much raw cash is needed, do you estimate?
[right][snapback]104403[/snapback][/right]

I have heard 20G for Quest 1 (bracers) and 90G for Quest 2 (belt and gloves). Apparently the stock test realm characters have 150g, so probably between 100-150g (in addition to the mats).

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Alram - 03-13-2006

Magead can also make mooncloth. Since I am not on Terenas daily anymore, send me a PM if you have some felcloth you want changed into mooncloth.

When I used to farm felcloth on Terenas, I did it in the daytime with Rogoll and had virtually no competition.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Concillian - 03-14-2006

Alram,Mar 13 2006, 03:50 PM Wrote:Magead can also make mooncloth. Since I am not on Terenas daily anymore, send me a PM if you have some felcloth you want changed into mooncloth.

When I used to farm felcloth on Terenas, I did it in the daytime with Rogoll and had virtually no competition.
[right][snapback]104434[/snapback][/right]

I think I can alternate farming of arcane crystals and felcloth to keep Magead busy until we get the Tier 0.5s for most people. I get enough 'off-hour' time that farming shouldn't be too bad for me. I know the one time I was there I was competing with a rogue, but out tapping a rogue with a warrior is pretty easy.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Kevin - 03-14-2006

Concillian,Mar 13 2006, 07:43 PM Wrote:I think I can alternate farming of arcane crystals and felcloth to keep Magead busy until we get the Tier 0.5s for most people.  I get enough 'off-hour' time that farming shouldn't be too bad for me.  I know the one time I was there I was competing with a rogue, but out tapping a rogue with a warrior is pretty easy.
[right][snapback]104440[/snapback][/right]

Felcoth is rediculously easy to get on Terenas I'm not worried about that. I generally leveled my pets doing that till they got to about 57 then I went and did the blue dragonscale farming to finish getting them to 60. Even if there are 3 other people there you can sustain everyone killing all the time and if you don't steal tags most of the people there on that server will not steal tags from you. It's not camped by professional farmers at all from what I've seen just other players who farm there occasionally.

Since the dark runes are pretty important for Marn as another way to keep mana up I actually farm for those. Last trip out I got 8 runes and 11 felcloth in about an hour of farming. That is a higher than normal rate on the cloth but not much. Treesh always has felcloth to use for a mute to mooncloth when the timer is up. :)

And Marn can pretty much out tap anyone if it comes to that. But I've found that my relentless but but fair approach to farming (since I kill faster than most other classes and have 0 down time) makes them leave. I don't take their tags, I'll even help them kill mobs at times but when I'm kill 3 to 4 mobs to their 1 they have a tendency to leave and not come back till I'm gone. When I was farming the furbies I even told people a few times that I was going to be there for an hour and I would share spawns but they left and just showed up about 50 minutes later after seeing that they just couldn't keep up even though I wasn't tagging anything they were obviously going for, it's just I'd wipe out 6 or 7 while they killed the group of 2.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Sir_Die_alot - 03-14-2006

I have double or tripple the refined deeprock salt you need. When the patch comes out just let me know the number.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - bernard shakey - 03-14-2006

Concillian,Mar 10 2006, 08:55 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]104212[/snapback][/right]
Moonshay can also make mooncloth and she's rarely on her timer
Shriel can make cured rugged hide as soon as Dantral sends him his salt shaker!
they are all on stormrage

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Zarathustra - 03-14-2006

Gnollguy,Mar 14 2006, 12:32 AM Wrote:Since the dark runes are pretty important for Marn as another way to keep mana up I actually farm for those.  Last trip out I got 8 runes and 11 felcloth in about an hour of farming.  That is a higher than normal rate on the cloth but not much.  Treesh always has felcloth to use for a mute to mooncloth when the timer is up.  :)
[right][snapback]104472[/snapback][/right]

I think you've got two types of runes confused. The ones that drop from demons are Demonic Runes, and fairly easy to get. Dark Runes, on the other hand, only drop off the Necromancers and Dark Summoners in Scholomance. When 1.8 went live, they were dropping like candy (around a dozen in a full clear). Nowadays you'll get five or six in an average run (YMMV).

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Kevin - 03-14-2006

Zarathustra,Mar 14 2006, 10:36 AM Wrote:I think you've got two types of runes confused.  The ones that drop from demons are Demonic Runes, and fairly easy to get.  Dark Runes, on the other hand, only drop off the Necromancers and Dark Summoners in Scholomance.  When 1.8 went live, they were dropping like candy (around a dozen in a full clear).  Nowadays you'll get five or six in an average run (YMMV).
[right][snapback]104506[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I meant demic, which are what I was solo farming. I got Dark Runes on the brain because they are one of the mats required. :) I'm calling it an honest mistake, though it is very good you pointed it out. :)

Gnollguy,Mar 14 2006, 09:54 AM Wrote:Yeah I meant demic, which are what I was solo farming.  I got Dark Runes on the brain because they are one of the mats required.  :)  I'm calling it an honest mistake, though it is very good you pointed it out.  :)
[right][snapback]104511[/snapback][/right]

Figured as much. ;)

Might want to jump on the Dark Runes now, while people don't have too much use for them outside of shadow resistance gear. If the other classes use these as well, they're bound to be a hot commodity in 1.10.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - bonemage - 03-14-2006

Zarathustra,Mar 14 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:Figured as much.  ;)

Might want to jump on the Dark Runes now, while people don't have too much use for them outside of shadow resistance gear.  If the other classes use these as well, they're bound to be a hot commodity in 1.10.
[right][snapback]104514[/snapback][/right]
We actually collected about 13 or so last night in a madcap 5 man of Scholo. The drop rate was either better than average, or is still pretty good.

bonemage,Mar 14 2006, 10:19 AM Wrote:We actually collected about 13 or so last night in a madcap 5 man of Scholo.  The drop rate was either better than average, or is still pretty good.
[right][snapback]104515[/snapback][/right]

Hm, it's possible I just had a few unlucky runs after the change was made, then.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Ynir - 03-15-2006

25x Volcanic Ash is mentioned as part of the quest turn-ins.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post183615

This sounds familiar, but I can't find any at AH, and no mention of it in Thott. Is this something new in 1.10?

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Zarathustra - 03-15-2006

Ynir,Mar 15 2006, 06:01 AM Wrote:25x Volcanic Ash is mentioned as part of the quest turn-ins.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post183615

This sounds familiar, but I can't find any at AH, and no mention of it in Thott. Is this something new in 1.10?
[right][snapback]104643[/snapback][/right]

Likely a new drop off of fire elementals in Un'Goro if you have the quest, or perhaps a lootable object like the Un'Goro ash piles are. If the latter is the case, it could be Un'Goro or the zones around Blackrock Mountain.

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Klaus - 03-15-2006

Zarathustra,Mar 15 2006, 07:35 AM Wrote:Likely a new drop off of fire elementals in Un'Goro if you have the quest, or perhaps a lootable object like the Un'Goro ash piles are.  If the latter is the case, it could be Un'Goro or the zones around Blackrock Mountain.
[right][snapback]104661[/snapback][/right]

I remember collecting some kind of ash off the elementals in Un'Goro for another quest. Possibly the same item?

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Urza-DSF - 03-15-2006

Molfsoraki just hit 270 or so tailoring and just got the mooncloth ritual, so all I need to know is where to find a damned moonwell not surrounded by allies? ^_^

List of mats for T0 --> T0.5 - Zarathustra - 03-15-2006

Urza-DSF,Mar 15 2006, 11: Wrote:Molfsoraki just hit 270 or so tailoring and just got the mooncloth ritual, so all I need to know is where to find a damned moonwell not surrounded by allies? ^_^
[right][snapback]104672[/snapback][/right]

The moonwells in Felwood are corrupted, but for some reason you can still use them to purify Mooncloth. There's one at Jaedenar and another at the Ruins of Constellas. Nearby is Moonglade which does have some Moon Wells. The Cenarion Circle is a neutral faction, so you shouldn't run into TOO much opposition (especially since no one goes to the southern areas of Moonglade by the Stormrage Barrow Dens).

Failing all of that, there's a Moonwell at Thalanaar, over at the west edge of Thousand Needles. There are Alliance NPCs there, but I don't recall guards. Someone chime in if you know more on that one.