The Lurker Lounge Forums
A Warrior Destined For Hell - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: A Warrior Destined For Hell (/thread-4280.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A Warrior Destined For Hell - librarian - 06-25-2006

Heiho,

please check the Honor Runeword AmnElIthTirSol. You'll find it way superior to your current weapon to the cost of very common runes. Even if you stay on the s/s route you can wear a 2H sword onehanded with a Barbarian. The Runes are common enough to spend them at the next 5sock exceptional sword crossing your path without regret.

A Warrior Destined For Hell - MonTy - 06-25-2006

Hail librarian,

Thanks for the input. I have also eyed the runeword Honor for quite a while. Although there's a few hardships with obtaining that runeword, and it isin't the runes.

I have yet to actually see a five socket weapon (non-the-less a sword!) in all my play. So in order to use the runeword Honor, I either have to find a phase blade (elite crystal sword), or I have to pump up my strength in order to use the elite two handed swords.

I saved up my socket quests, so I have to use them wisely if I don't find a socketed sword. If I use that quest in order to socket a item, I would rather use it up for a runeword that is a bit better (Crescent Moon).

Now if I happen to find a five socket sword, I'm all over the runeword Honor :)

Cheers,
MonTy

A Warrior Destined For Hell - librarian - 06-25-2006

Heiho,

I wasn't referring to it as an end-game weapon (this time ^^).
Dimensional Blade, Zweihander and Executioner Sword are exceptional ones you can find with 5 sockets.

Otherwise check Strength Runeword (AmnTir), which needs only a twosocketed weapon, and I consider it still superior to your sword due to Crushing Blow.

A Warrior Destined For Hell - MonTy - 06-30-2006

It seems real life is not allowing me to undertake this goal I have set. I barely have time to write this, and I'm about an hour away from beating Baal on nightmare - but I don't think I'll even be able to do that. Life just turned hectic real fast. In short I lost my dream job to a budget cut and my 1.5 year relationship (we were living together) went sour. So I have to move back to my hometown and stabalize myself. Find another job, spend time with my friends, and sort things out. But anyways, I wanted to say thanks for all the talk and advice with my character. You guys have made it incredibly fun and enjoyable experience.

Take Care,
MonTy

A Warrior Destined For Hell - MonTy - 05-26-2008

Hail all!

Wow, reading through this post has brought back some fond memories of D2. Your replies and interest definitely made this character a fun journey. I've gone through a lot in life since my last post, and finally things are starting to settle down (I went from Buies Creek North Carolina to the big bad city of Manhattan, what a change of pace!) I'm thinking of starting MonTy the Concentrate Barbarian back up ( I lost my data files), but only if others would be interested in reading it. As much as I love D2, it's quite old and the support from you guys made it worthwhile. I hope all is well with everyone. It feels nice to post again!

Cheers,

MonTy

A Warrior Destined For Hell - Munkay - 05-26-2008

If you write it up, I'd definitely follow the Conc barb's story. Though admittedly, my advice is rustier than ever, so I doubt I'd be able to be much help anymore on that end.

Cheers,

Munk

A Warrior Destined For Hell - MonTy - 05-26-2008

Hail Munkay!

Good to hear from a name I remember. I hope all is well.

I am planning on changing up the build a bit. Warcry was fun, but shout really belongs in this build. I also plan on switching between a two handed sword and sword/shield for more efficiency in combat. I truly had fun with this character and I'm looking forward to starting him up again. I just wish I had all those runes from all my Countess runs :-P

A Warrior Destined For Hell - Exalt- - 07-21-2008

Why don't you just do a leap/warcry/shout/zerk build?
warcry = physical
shout = synergy to warcray
zerk = magical
leap = knockback in case of hordes.