The Lurker Lounge Forums
This thread brought to you by... - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: This thread brought to you by... (/thread-3804.html)

This thread brought to you by... - NiteFox - 10-06-2006

Yup, posting this using my Nintendo DS & Opera browser, and it works pretty well. A little slow, but the touch screen keyboard works excellently, and the handwriting recognition does a fairly good job of translating my chicken scrawl into readable text.

So, the gauntlet is thrown down fellow Lurkers: Reply in this thread using any portable/non-standard device - Cellphones, PDAs, your smartfridge - Whatever. Except laptops, which while portable is pretty much cheating:P

What's the weirdest thing you can use to reply to this thread?

This thread brought to you by... - Munkay - 10-06-2006

Quote:Yup, posting this using my Nintendo DS & Opera browser, and it works pretty well. A little slow, but the touch screen keyboard works excellently, and the handwriting recognition does a fairly good job of translating my chicken scrawl into readable text.

So, the gauntlet is thrown down fellow Lurkers: Reply in this thread using any portable/non-standard device - Cellphones, PDAs, your smartfridge - Whatever. Except laptops, which while portable is pretty much cheating:P

What's the weirdest thing you can use to reply to this thread?

I typed these letters WITH my cellphone on my laptop.

Sorry, it was the best I could do :(

Cheers,

Munk

PS (this is typed by hand) Glad to see mobile wi-fi enabled technology advancing. Soon we'll be connected to the lounge 24/7 :P

This thread brought to you by... - Rhydderch Hael - 10-06-2006

I just psychically possessed an 56-year old Wall Street trader and compelled him to log in and post in my name.

This thread brought to you by... - Bob - 10-07-2006

sorry, no portable devices so i'm typing thi with my nose [which means no shift-key]. I'm also doing it without corrections [I'm getting these capital 'i's with caps lock]. Anyway, I did post to the LL about 3 years ago with a tablet PC fro a hospitl bed.

----Bob

This thread brought to you by... - Zippyy - 10-09-2006

I'm cheating by posting this from my laptop, but to cover my shame I am using GOK (gnome on-screen keyboard) to simulate a less ergonomic device.

This thread brought to you by... - Sabra - 10-09-2006

Quote:What's the weirdest thing you can use to reply to this thread?

Your wand?

This thread brought to you by... - Zippyy - 10-09-2006

Quote:Your wand?
request granted

This thread brought to you by... - kandrathe - 10-10-2006

Quote:request granted
You forgot to punctuate that sentence.

This thread brought to you by... - Zippyy - 10-10-2006

Quote:You forgot to punctuate that sentence.
I felt that the lack of punctuation punctuated it rather nicely. Thanks anyway.

This thread brought to you by... - Flymo - 10-11-2006

I'm posting this on a Blackberry. The "low-fi" view option helps a lot when browsing, but you don't seem to be able to post in it.