The Lurker Lounge Forums
Anybody else playing Season 1? - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo III (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Anybody else playing Season 1? (/thread-16126.html)

Anybody else playing Season 1? - Aahzmadius - 09-02-2014

I wasn't all that excited when I heard about D3 Seasons, but it turns out I've enjoyed it immensely. Starting from scratch with your gaming pals turned out to be pretty fun, and the gold buff bonus helped out quite a bit as well. Sure, the slow movement speed is annoying, but the Paragon points come quick and easily when you start out at zero.

I had a good weekend with my Seasonal WD, finding a Quetz helm, Doombringer Sword, and recently a couple of BT pieces as well as a Serpent mojo. 15 is my highest GRift, but that was Monday morning and I feel pretty comfortable pushing past that now. My group is focused on Torment-restricted set items at the moment, which means lots of standard Rifts (and probably some RoRG farming). I'd like to put together the Jade Harvester set; I already have a good chest piece in stash.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzmadius-1570/hero/51714285

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - mommie - 09-02-2014

I'm playing but no where near your skills. I'm just a Casual player, I have noticed that it seems to be a lot easier to play now. My first barbarian made it to hell diff at lvl 36 with many deaths. my new wizard is 47 and just made it to hell dif with only 1 death so far.I am playing on expert lvl because normal and hard were just too easy.

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - ViralSpiral - 09-02-2014

I'm playing it, for whatever that's worth. Although I'm less than pleased with the Barb I have. I hope that's just a gear deficiency. After all the buffs I saw Barbs getting, I was hoping they were more than just wannabe Crusaders now. I mean, I like Crusaders, but I also want Barbs to be an effective and different. Running Frenzy, Leap, Rend, Revenge, Whirlwind, and Earthquake. Passives (not yet L70) are Weapon Master, Superstition, and I keep switching back and forth between Berzerker Rage and Ruthless, not fully happy with either. Think I'm going to do Nerves of Steel for the last one, since dying more often than Kenny is my main problem, even on Master.

I find Leap kind of unsatisfying, really. I was using Ground Stomp for the longest time and it had an extra second of stun, but it won't break Jailer, which I see constantly. Whirlwind is for damage/escaping being surrounded, Rend and Revenge for healing, Quake for the usual mass freeze. I'm not sure if my gear is weak, or if I need more CDR to Leap/Quake more often, or more armour, or my playstyle is just off, but I don't feel like it's working and this is the only class I never got to 70 due to frustration. I don't damage like Wizard/DH, I don't have the WD curses/pets, I can't tank or heal as well as a Crusader or Monk.

The fact that I'm not finding any crafting recipes except for WD makes me think I'm being told to give up, but I don't want to.

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - Aahzmadius - 09-02-2014

(09-02-2014, 06:00 PM)mommie Wrote: my new wizard is 47 and just made it to hell dif with only 1 death so far.I am playing on expert lvl because normal and hard were just too easy.

Cool. The group I played in did most of our leveling on Normal and Hard. They gradually ratcheted up the difficulty after hitting 70 and gearing up.

(09-02-2014, 06:00 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: I'm playing it, for whatever that's worth. Although I'm less than pleased with the Barb I have. I hope that's just a gear deficiency. After all the buffs I saw Barbs getting, I was hoping they were more than just wannabe Crusaders now. I mean, I like Crusaders, but I also want Barbs to be an effective and different. Running Frenzy, Leap, Rend, Revenge, Whirlwind, and Earthquake. Passives (not yet L70) are Weapon Master, Superstition, and I keep switching back and forth between Berzerker Rage and Ruthless, not fully happy with either. Think I'm going to do Nerves of Steel for the last one, since dying more often than Kenny is my main problem, even on Master.

Well...at this point barbs are still wannabe Crusaders. Most classes are, actually...well-geared Crusaders are probably the most powerful class in the game. While 2.1 may have closed the gap, I don't think it shook up the class balance much. But it's still early; new builds and gear combos may emerge.

I geared up a fire barb as well as a cold barb (click my profile to see Mirtai, the cold barb). I lost my fire barb to a disconnect during one of the DDoS attacks (99% of my time is in Hardcore mode), but she was handling T4 pretty well. I had good enough gear to do a no-generator build: HotA, Leap, Ground Stomp, War Cry, Battle Rage, and Threatening Shout. Passives were Superstition, Rampage, Ruthless...good grief, I don't even remember. Definitely not Nerves of Steel or Tough as Nails, though. With the barb's STR, you should have plenty of Armor; getting enough All Resist is the challenge (which is one reason why Superstition is always selected for me).

The Cold barb is more of a group character focused on crowd control. DPS isn't that strong, but she can kill fine on T1. T2 is a stretch, but I ran her plenty in T3 with other characters providing the DPS. The fire barb worked solo and in groups.

At some point I'll level another barb for a Physical build with 300th Spear and Doombringer. But for now...Seasons!

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - ViralSpiral - 09-02-2014

Sent you a request as WarMogul.

(09-02-2014, 08:10 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: Sent you a request as WarMogul.

Excellent. See you in Sanctuary!

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - Frag - 09-02-2014

Doing Season 1 HC, started with a Monk and it's going great. Would love to have some company for 2+ Rifting Smile

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - Aahzmadius - 09-05-2014

(09-02-2014, 11:00 PM)Frag Wrote: Doing Season 1 HC, started with a Monk and it's going great. Would love to have some company for 2+ Rifting Smile

Sure. Feel free to add me. I'm running T2 solo rifts, and I've done T3 in a good group. Last night a DH and I cleared a GR20. Exarchs were a bit dangerous, but other than that, no trouble. (The DH had Marauder's 6-piece bonus.)

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - TheDragoon - 09-12-2014

I've had a lot of fun with the season so far! It was fun to get to start over, it was especially cool to have some achievements pop up again.

I've leveled a monk that I've geared up for holy spec with several set bonuses. She's managed solo 24 greater rifts (though that's hard) and can clear T5 fairly easily. Amazingly, she's already WAY better than my non-season Monk. Smile

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - Aahzmadius - 09-13-2014

(09-12-2014, 02:52 AM)TheDragoon Wrote: I've had a lot of fun with the season so far! It was fun to get to start over, it was especially cool to have some achievements pop up again.

I've leveled a monk that I've geared up for holy spec with several set bonuses. She's managed solo 24 greater rifts (though that's hard) and can clear T5 fairly easily. Amazingly, she's already WAY better than my non-season Monk. Smile

Very nice! I think we did either 23 or 24 tonight, but it was in a good 4-player group. I just completed the Jade Harvester set and am running around popping elites. It's pretty fun, but riskier than the pet build. Mostly do T4 for normal rifts. Can't get my RoRG to roll a socket...still working on it. Oh, and I did manage to get my first gem up to 25. That system is definitely a nice addition to the game.

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - ViralSpiral - 09-13-2014

My Season characters have gotten much better loot in two weeks than my non-Seasons in two months,

RE: Anybody else playing Season 1? - Aahzmadius - 09-15-2014

(09-13-2014, 09:50 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: My Season characters have gotten much better loot in two weeks than my non-Seasons in two months,

Excellent! Yeah, I've seen some theories floating that Blizzard stealth-buffed the drop rate for Seasons. Not sure I buy it, though. My character is in good shape, but some of that is the fact I've focused only on 1 character for seasons. The other issues is the leg gems; they make a significant difference and synergize well with other gear/builds.

Crafted my first Hellfire amulet yesterday. Not a great roll, but it's use-able by a pet doctor. Poison damage, INT, Life Regen and LpH. Re-roll the Regen to CD, and it would be OK. I did manage to get the Fetish Sycophants passive, at least.