The Lurker Lounge Forums
Dungeon layout - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Dungeon layout (/thread-1490.html)

Dungeon layout - Kay - 10-16-2008

Hi everybody!

I was playing Diablo today and I noticed that the dungeon layout in levels 13 to 15 is very often, if not always, completely symmetric. Is that normal?

There's also another question. I was playing in lvl 6 normal diff with a low level Rogue and I noticed that the level had SEVEN different types of monsters, more precisely:

Bone Gashers;
Acid Beasts;
those reddish Hidden type monsters, forgot their name;
Horror Archers;
either Stone or Flesh goat archers, don't remember which ones;
Familiars;
Glooms.

Is that even possible? I've read Jarulf's but that didn't help very much :/

thanks in advance!

Dungeon layout - LennyLen - 10-17-2008

Quote:I was playing Diablo today and I noticed that the dungeon layout in levels 13 to 15 is very often, if not always, completely symmetric. Is that normal?
The hell levels are always at-least-roughly symmetrical.

Quote:Is that even possible?
Obviously, since it happened to you.;)

But more seriously, according to JG, that combination of monsters is impossible on one level. The size of all monsters on a level (plus the size of a golem) should not exceed 4000.

However, 410 + 716 + 992 + 567 + 1040 + 364 + 364 + 386 = 4839.

Very odd.

Dungeon layout - Kay - 10-17-2008

Maybe the level didn't really have the Hidden type monsters, since I can't remember that well, because they are... well, hidden most of the times. I didn't realize something was wrong until I cleared the level completely.

Thanks for helping!

Quote:Maybe the level didn't really have the Hidden type monsters
Without the hiddens, the total would be 3847, so that's probably it.

Dungeon layout - Mordor - 10-17-2008

3847 ?

wait a minute, that shouldn't be possible, too

every time a level is created GOLEM seeding size is extracted from 4000 first. and golem seedsize is 386

which means that monsters have only 3614 total seed size

for example, I use some monster in my mod that can appear on the same level and have seeding size 1808 both, and they never appear on one level together. 1808+1808 = 3616 (greater than 3614)

Quote:every time a level is created GOLEM seeding size is extracted from 4000 first. and golem seedsize is 386

If you take a look at the equation I wrote, you'll see the last number added was 386.;)

Lol. Right now I was playing in lvl 9 and it ONLY had Mud Runners. This game is weird.

Dungeon layout - Mordor - 10-17-2008

Quote:If you take a look at the equation I wrote, you'll see the last number added was 386.;)

true, didn't pay attention to that:)

by the way, there is no chance that there will be ONLY mud runners. iirc, there can be 2 rhino monsters on one level, maybe there were frost chargers, too... or hounds?

Quote:true, didn't pay attention to that:)
by the way, there is no chance that there will be ONLY mud runners. iirc, there can be 2 rhino monsters on one level, maybe there were frost chargers, too... or hounds?

Hmm... that may be, but I don't remember any other monsters. I didn't clear the whole level though, but a good part of it.

Dungeon layout - Ebon - 12-30-2008

Quote:by the way, there is no chance that there will be ONLY mud runners. iirc, there can be 2 rhino monsters on one level, maybe there were frost chargers, too... or hounds?
It happens in Single Player in DLVL 8 when Zhar the Mad lives, that you can have only ONE monster type present, for example Mud Runners indeed.