The Lurker Lounge Forums
wowhead.com in IE9 - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: wowhead.com in IE9 (/thread-13096.html)

wowhead.com in IE9 - LavCat - 05-15-2011

I was not sure whether to put this this in the lounge or in WoW General Discussion, but I would like to be able to view the wowhead.com WoW database in IE9 and I need help. Wowhead used to work for me until just recently. Possibly they made some change to their site.

If I go to a catagory such as "Tailoring", all the user comment informantion and item/spell information downloads (as shown by looking at page source). However none of it displays. Wowhead tooltips work fine when viewed from other sites.

Some things I have tried:

Made sure javascript is enabled.
Turned off keyword blocking in router.
Turned off tracking protection in IE.
Removed google-related URL's from restricted sites.
Tried compatibility view (not that I thought that it would help).
For giggles I tried using Netscape, but no joy.

One thing I noticed is that if I block googleapis.com many page elements of wowhead do not display, but allowing googleapis.com does not permit the content I want to be displayed. I wasted a few hours on this yesterday. One thing I did not try was adding wowhead to my list of trusted sites. Let's just say I don't trust ZAM.

If I can't use wowhead, are there any other similar sites left? Crafterstome still displays for me. I used to prefer thottbot, may it rest in peace.

RE: wowhead.com in IE9 - kandrathe - 05-15-2011

(05-15-2011, 09:32 PM)LavCat Wrote: I was not sure whether to put this this in the lounge or in WoW General Discussion, but I would like to be able to view the wowhead.com WoW database in IE9 and I need help. Wowhead used to work for me until just recently. Possibly they made some change to their site.

If I go to a catagory such as "Tailoring", all the user comment informantion and item/spell information downloads (as shown by looking at page source). However none of it displays. Wowhead tooltips work fine when viewed from other sites.

Some things I have tried:

Made sure javascript is enabled.
Turned off keyword blocking in router.
Turned off tracking protection in IE.
Removed google-related URL's from restricted sites.
Tried compatibility view (not that I thought that it would help).
For giggles I tried using Netscape, but no joy.

One thing I noticed is that if I block googleapis.com many page elements of wowhead do not display, but allowing googleapis.com does not permit the content I want to be displayed. I wasted a few hours on this yesterday. One thing I did not try was adding wowhead to my list of trusted sites. Let's just say I don't trust ZAM.

If I can't use wowhead, are there any other similar sites left? Crafterstome still displays for me. I used to prefer thottbot, may it rest in peace.
I use Firefox 3.6.17 (looking at ver4 for plugin's compatibility yet), with IE Tabs2 Plus -- It has compatibility modes from IE9 that go back to IE7. Native, with my small computers I'm still on XP Home SP3 and have IE8.0.6001.18702. I find there are many sites that are built with open or Mozilla tools, and only a few that require IE of some flavor (including many of my work apps). I segregate them in my favorites (IE pages) and just right click on "Open in IE tab" for those hyperlinks.

Anyway, this way I can have my cake, and browse in IE too.

RE: wowhead.com in IE9 - LavCat - 05-23-2011

(05-15-2011, 11:30 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I use Firefox 3.6.17 (looking at ver4 for plugin's compatibility yet), with IE Tabs2 Plus -- It has compatibility modes from IE9 that go back to IE7. Native, with my small computers I'm still on XP Home SP3 and have IE8.0.6001.18702. I find there are many sites that are built with open or Mozilla tools, and only a few that require IE of some flavor (including many of my work apps). I segregate them in my favorites (IE pages) and just right click on "Open in IE tab" for those hyperlinks.

Anyway, this way I can have my cake, and browse in IE too.

Oddly wowhead started working again. I had made no further changes. I suspect they (or google, since wowhead uses googleapis) changed something on the site to break it for some users and now they did something to bring it back.