The Lurker Lounge Forums
Top 100 Movie Quotes - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Top 100 Movie Quotes (/thread-6185.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Urza-DSF - 06-22-2005

Bah! Only 1 Star Wars quote, nothing from Monty Python, nothing from *any* of Mel Brooks's movies, I mean comon! Whomever compiled this list are absolute and utter hacks. I mean hell a quote from Top Gun? Comon!

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Rinnhart - 06-22-2005

Not a single Evil Dead quote.

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Occhidiangela - 06-23-2005

Rinnhart,Jun 22 2005, 05:57 PM Wrote:Not a single Evil Dead quote.
[right][snapback]81362[/snapback][/right]

Indeed, and from the Big Labowski, they forgot:

"The Dude abides." Pithy goodness.

In fact, The Big Labowski was chock full of comedy gold.

Quote: Did you understand a single word of what he just said?" - Turkish; Snatch

I have always felt that Brad Pitt's gift for comedic delivery is under appreciated. He demonstrates it again in Mr and Mrs Smith, where "I missed you" takes on a perfectly ridiculous meaning.

See it, under the 'guilty pleasure' category of films.

Occhi

Top 100 Movie Quotes - TaiDaishar - 06-23-2005

All I got to say is this:

I like blue, no, yellllooooaaaahhhh

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Mirajj - 06-23-2005

I don't use them in casual conversation, but of the 100 offered, I like 11, 12, and 61. ;)

Top 100 Movie Quotes - DeeBye - 06-23-2005

11. "What we've got here is failure to communicate," Cool Hand Luke, 1967.

I love this movie, and I love this quote. The Top Gun quote is pretty weak, but overall I agree with most of what's on that list.

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Rinnhart - 06-23-2005

DeeBye,Jun 22 2005, 06:21 PM Wrote:11. "What we've got here is failure to communicate," Cool Hand Luke, 1967.

I love this movie, and I love this quote.  The Top Gun quote is pretty weak, but overall I agree with most of what's on that list.
[right][snapback]81381[/snapback][/right]

That's because you're a hoser.

Top 100 Movie Quotes - DeeBye - 06-23-2005

Rinnhart,Jun 22 2005, 10:42 PM Wrote:That's because you're a hoser.
[right][snapback]81382[/snapback][/right]

I can't tell if you're making fun of me or not :angry:

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Mithrandir - 06-23-2005

Occhidiangela,Jun 22 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:In fact, The Big Labowski was chock full of comedy gold.
[right][snapback]81364[/snapback][/right]

Greatest. Movie. Ever.

"Donny, you're out of your element!"

Walter: "... and Dude, Chinamen is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American please."
Dude: "I'm not talking about the guys who built the #$%&ing railroads here."

Maude: "You can imagine where it goes from here."
Dude: "He fixes the cable?"
Maude: "Don't be fatuous Jeffrey."

"That rug really tied the room together."

(I had to copy the next one off imdb to make sure I got it right)

The Dude: Walter, ya know, its Smokey, so his foot slipped over the line a little, big deal.
Walter Sobchak: Dude, this is a league game, the winner of this gets to progress into the next round robin. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
Smokey: Yeah but I wasn't over.
Walter Sobchak: [pulls out a gun] Smokey you are about to enter a world of pain.
Smokey: Yeah but...
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] A world of pain.
Smokey: Dude, could you...
The Dude: Jesus Walter, you bring a #$%&ing gun bowling?
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who pays attention to the rules any more?
Smokey: Yeah but...
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] You think I'm#$%&ing around? I'm not #$%&ing around!
[points gun in Smokey's face]
Walter Sobchak: Mark it zero! #$%&ing mark it zero.
The Dude: They're calling the cops, man.
Smokey: All right, its #$%&ing zero. Are you happy now you crazy #$%&?
Walter Sobchak: ...Its a league game Smokey...

I think I quote The Big Lebowski at least once a day, one way or another, and I watch the movie every week or so. I think it gets better every time.

Donnie Darko is another extremely underrated movie that deserved at least one quote on the list. At least over stupid Titanic.

"Why are you wearing that stupid man-suit?"

Rose: "Do you even know who Graham Greene is?"
Kitty: "I think we've all seen Bonanza."

Gretchen: "My mom had to get a restraining order against my step dad. He has emotional problems."
Donnie: "Oh, I have those too. What kind does your step dad have?"
Gretchen: "He stabbed my mom four times in the chest."

Or, Memento:

Leonard: "Memory can change the shape of a room. It can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts."

I bettert stop now before I start talking about *all* my favorite movies :)

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Kylearan - 06-23-2005

Hi,

Fragbait,Jun 22 2005, 11:37 PM Wrote:"I kick arse for the Lord!" - Father McGruder; Braindead
Another quote from the same character that I had planned to add: "This calls for some divine intervention!"

This I used to say when my Barbarian used Frenzy against a boss in D2: "Suck my spinning steel, #$%&head!" (from Bad Taste, another Peter Jackson movie...)

And I can't believe this one hasn't been quoted yet (or have I just missed it?): "There can be only one!", and "Don't lose your head!" (both from Highlander)

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." (Fight Club)

-Kylearan

Top 100 Movie Quotes - TaMeOlta - 06-23-2005

"Never meth with a thithilian when death ith on the line !!" :lol: (Princess Bride)

"Define irony ; A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash ." Conair

Top 100 Movie Quotes - LochnarITB - 06-23-2005

DeeBye,Jun 22 2005, 09:21 PM Wrote:The Top Gun quote is pretty weak
[right][snapback]81381[/snapback][/right]
There is another quote from Top Gun that grates on my nerves every time I hear it.

SLIDER
You must have soloed under a lucky
star. First the MiG, then you slide
into Cougar's place.

GOOSE
It's not Cougar's place. It's ours.

ICE
What do you think it was? Was it
that MiG contact that did it?

GOOSE
Did what?

ICE
Got you here.

GOOSE
We're here because we're the best
flyers in the wing. Not because of
some MiG encounter.

SLIDER
What luck! Guys fly their whole
career without seeing a MiG up
close...You're famous.

ICE
You mean notorious.

Even the first time I heard it, I anticipated the ending of that last sentence as being infamous. It was set up to be that word and they blew it. Every time I see the movie, I hope that they will finally get it right. But no, they screw it up every time. :lol:

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Guest - 06-24-2005

"Game over man, game over!" How could that line not be on a list of best movie quotes?

On the other hand wtf were were people thinking who chose "Rosebud"? "Citizen Kane" may have been a revolutionary movie but its not all that good really, and he didnt pull that line off at all in it.

"You ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and #$%&. And Jack just left town."

Its a great one indeed.

The "Top Gun" quote has to be there. The movie isnt that great, but anyone who rides a fast bike thinks of that line more often than they probably care to admit.

Weak movie - good line.

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Rhydderch Hael - 06-24-2005

Urza-DSF,Jun 22 2005, 03: Wrote:...I mean hell a quote from Top Gun?  Comon!
[right][snapback]81358[/snapback][/right]
If I, by some cruel and inhumane law, was forced to choose a line from Top Gun, the "need for speed" one would not be that.

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you..." finds its way in common use more often.

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Rhydderch Hael - 06-24-2005

"God isn't interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time: forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men! — Slugs! He created SLUGS! They can't hear. They can't speak. They can't operate machinery. Mean, are we not in the hands of a lunatic?..."

"...If I were creating a world, I wouldn't have messed about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers! Eight o'clock, Day One!"

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Doc - 06-24-2005

Hmm. Here's one all we Diablo players plumb forgot.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAINSSSSSSSSS!

I mean, it's so good the zombies on the blood moor pay tribute to their roots.

Top 100 Movie Quotes - DeeBye - 06-24-2005

Ghostiger,Jun 23 2005, 11:57 PM Wrote:The "Top Gun" quote has to be there. The movie isnt that great, but anyone who rides a fast bike thinks of that line more often than they probably care to admit.

Weak movie - good line.
[right][snapback]81459[/snapback][/right]

Well, I don't ride a fast bike. I liked Top Gun, but there is no way that I'd agree that ANY of its dialogue deserves a place in the "Top 100 Whatever Of All Time".

I'll agree with you on the "Game over man!" quote :)

Top 100 Movie Quotes - Lady Vashj - 06-28-2005

"Daddy...I got cider in my ear..."
Sky Masterson, Guys and Dolls

Not so famous, but it should be.