The Lurker Lounge Forums
My right ear is gurgling - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: My right ear is gurgling (/thread-7325.html)

Pages: 1 2

My right ear is gurgling - DeeBye - 12-28-2004

I'm sitting here reading the wonders of the LL, when all of a sudden my right ear decides it wants to gurgle. I am posting this with my head tilted 90° to the right in the hopes that my ear will drain itself.

I've had my fair share of ear infections over the years. I can take the pain, but what always makes me crazy is when my ears sound like I'm being smothered in pillows and I'm being forced to suck water through my ear canal.

My right ear is gurgling - Rhydderch Hael - 12-28-2004

You sure it's not just a simple muscle tic? Ear muscle-thingy starts a' twitchin' and you think it's fluid sloshing around or whatnot.

Did I ever tell you the time when I was 7 years old and I woke up one morning with something in my ear? I do not know what. I do not what to find out now. It was simple big, brown, and may have had a carapace. I hated watching Star Trek II all because of those Ceti Alpha sandworms.

My right ear is gurgling - Urza-DSF - 12-28-2004

Rhydderch Hael,Dec 28 2004, 04:55 AM Wrote:You sure it's not just a simple muscle tic? Ear muscle-thingy starts a' twitchin' and you think it's fluid sloshing around or whatnot.

Did I ever tell you the time when I was 7 years old and I woke up one morning with something in my ear? I do not know what. I do not what to find out now. It was simple big, brown, and may have had a carapace. I hated watching Star Trek II all because of those Ceti Alpha sandworms.
[right][snapback]63702[/snapback][/right]

My lord...

Bugs/insects are my one real "irrational" fear just because of stuff like that. If I ever woke up to find a bug on/in me everyone would know about it because I would be flipping out.

Now, Im not saying I dont respect the things, they're like little biological super-machines, its just that I cant stand to be around them.

What happened after you woke up with that thing in your ear? Were you able to get it out at home, or did you need to go to the hospital?

My right ear is gurgling - Tal - 12-28-2004

DeeBye,Dec 28 2004, 02:36 AM Wrote:I'm sitting here reading the wonders of the LL, when all of a sudden my right ear decides it wants to gurgle.  I am posting this with my head tilted 90° to the right in the hopes that my ear will drain itself.

I've had my fair share of ear infections over the years.  I can take the pain, but what always makes me crazy is when my ears sound like I'm being smothered in pillows and I'm being forced to suck water through my ear canal.
[right][snapback]63694[/snapback][/right]

Beer is poured in yer mouth not yer ear. Just a FYI. :w00t:

My right ear is gurgling - Guest - 12-28-2004

Try Psuedo-ephedrine. Ussually it will dry you out and get rid of the problem.

My right ear is gurgling - Treesh - 12-28-2004

Rhydderch Hael,Dec 28 2004, 02:55 AM Wrote:Did I ever tell you the time when I was 7 years old and I woke up one morning with something in my ear? I do not know what. I do not what to find out now. It was simple big, brown, and may have had a carapace. I hated watching Star Trek II all because of those Ceti Alpha sandworms.
[right][snapback]63702[/snapback][/right]
Just this past year or two GG and I were visiting his brother out in Colorado. I woke up one morning to hear an odd little scratching type noise (it's hard to explain what it sounded like). It just wouldn't go away so I got out a Q-tip, stuck it in my ear (yes, I know it explicitly says on the box to not do that), and brought out a little spider and some web. Bleh. And yes, I do clean out my ears every day. :P I just happen to attract spiders to me constantly.

Anyway, I absolutely hated that scene in Star Trek II with the worms, especially growing up because we had a tree out back that little critters looking remarkably similar to the worm in the movie loved to flock to periodically. It was horrible not being able to play around that tree because of the fear of having one of them burrow into my ear and eat out my brain. Bleh. Hated those things. I was always glad when the cicadas showed up because that meant the little brain-eaters would leave soon and I could have back my tree.

My right ear is gurgling - DeeBye - 12-28-2004

Tal,Dec 28 2004, 09:53 AM Wrote:Beer is poured in yer mouth not yer ear. Just a FYI.  :w00t:
[right][snapback]63713[/snapback][/right]

Oh snap!

My right ear is gurgling - [wcip]Angel - 12-28-2004

DeeBye,Dec 28 2004, 06:36 AM Wrote:I'm sitting here reading the wonders of the LL, when all of a sudden my right ear decides it wants to gurgle.  I am posting this with my head tilted 90° to the right in the hopes that my ear will drain itself.

Your right ear is gurgling? Perhaps you've managed to get some water in there. Been to Tailand lately?

My right ear is gurgling - Minionman - 12-28-2004

Treesh,Dec 28 2004, 09:42 AM Wrote:It just wouldn't go away so I got out a Q-tip, stuck it in my ear (yes, I know it explicitly says on the box to not do that), and brought out a little spider and some web.  Bleh.  And yes, I do clean out my ears every day.  :P  I just happen to attract spiders to me constantly. 
[right][snapback]63715[/snapback][/right]

It says on the box not to do that? What Q-tips arethese? That's how I clean the ears.

Minionman,Dec 28 2004, 10:37 AM Wrote:It says on the box not to do that?  What Q-tips arethese?  That's how I clean the ears.
[right][snapback]63719[/snapback][/right]
They say to not insert the cotton swab into the ear canal. The box (Q-tip brand, iirc) says to only use them around the opening of the ear and not into the canal itself. Ah. Got a link to show what I'm talking about. And yes, I get bored sometimes and read the packaging of most things I buy. :blush:

Bah! As long as you're not trying to scratch your brain with them, canal away!

[wcip]Angel,Dec 28 2004, Wrote:Bah! As long as you're not trying to scratch your brain with them, canal away!
[right][snapback]63722[/snapback][/right]
That's why I ignore the warning on the box. :D It's really only there to cover their butts against stupid people.

My right ear is gurgling - Roland - 12-28-2004

Ghostiger,Dec 28 2004, 09:27 AM Wrote:Try Psuedo-ephedrine. Ussually it will dry you out and get rid of the problem.
[right][snapback]63714[/snapback][/right]

Drixoral has that in it. I use it often (and by often I mean a couple times a month). Helps clear up my allergies and any sinus infections, without over-drying me. Allegra would kill me.

My right ear is gurgling - Minionman - 12-28-2004

Treesh,Dec 28 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:That's why I ignore the warning on the box.  :D  It's really only there to cover their butts against stupid people.
[right][snapback]63724[/snapback][/right]

Poking your eardrum with those things does hurt.

.. and it always makes me sneeze.

My right ear is gurgling - Ashock - 12-29-2004

DeeBye,Dec 27 2004, 11:36 PM Wrote:I'm sitting here reading the wonders of the LL, when all of a sudden my right ear decides it wants to gurgle.  I am posting this with my head tilted 90° to the right in the hopes that my ear will drain itself.

I've had my fair share of ear infections over the years.  I can take the pain, but what always makes me crazy is when my ears sound like I'm being smothered in pillows and I'm being forced to suck water through my ear canal.

I was just doing some reading on the venereal deseases of the early 20th century, and I came up with the conclusion that what you have here is syphilis.

Have a nice day :-)

-A

My right ear is gurgling - DeeBye - 12-29-2004

Ashock,Dec 28 2004, 08:15 PM Wrote:I was just doing some reading on the venereal deseases of the early 20th century, and I came up with the conclusion that what you have here is syphilis.
Have a nice day :-)
-A
[right][snapback]63760[/snapback][/right]

I knew I shouldn't have put that in my ear.

DeeBye,Dec 28 2004, 08:38 PM Wrote:I knew I shouldn't have put that in my ear.
[right][snapback]63776[/snapback][/right]

Well, god and syphilis both work in mysterious ways. Now you know.....

-A

My right ear is gurgling - DeeBye - 12-29-2004

Ashock,Dec 29 2004, 12:16 AM Wrote:Well, god and syphilis both work in mysterious ways. Now you know.....
-A
[right][snapback]63781[/snapback][/right]

I'm going to pour a gallon of bleach in my ear. That will cure the syphilis, right?

DeeBye,Dec 28 2004, 10:14 PM Wrote:I'm going to pour a gallon of bleach in my ear.  That will cure the syphilis, right?
[right][snapback]63790[/snapback][/right]

Why don't you just tell your wife about it. That will cure it once and for all.

-A